Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Auto Zone Brakes for my TJ?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Zone Brakes for my TJ?

I need to replace a caliper, both wheel cylinders, drums, rotors, basically everything. The brake shop didn't like AutoZone parts. But was he trying to upsell me? I am going to do the work my self and I would love to hear what any of you think. and Any tips for me? I've never had to bleed lines or replace fluid.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

i have sworn off doing biz at AutoZone - after they fired employee Devin McClean (Air Force Veteran) for rescuing & protecting his manager & coworkers, when a SERIAL robber held him, the store manager & coworkers at gun point in a back room of the store !

AutoZone Fires Worker Who Stopped Robbery
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

What about their parts?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally don't usually buy parts from their but if there closer to me I'll go there with no problem.... they sell the same parts that Napa, pep boys, or mechanics auto parts..... And any other parts dealer online will have the same parts..... I see no reason not to use their parts.... That shop was trying to upsell u.... As long as u know what to do to do ur own brake overhaul ull be fine using their parts
Old 01-12-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

theres nothing wrong w/ their parts - ive used 'em for years on our cars/truck etc.

oriely & advanced auto are just as good - ive been dealing exclusively w/ advanced auto (just put new rotors & pads on my superduty f350, front and rear)...im happy w/ advanced auto product quality & selection.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys! I got it done. I've never had to bleed the lines but after watching a couple YouTube videos it was really basic.

Quick Reply: Auto Zone Brakes for my TJ?