Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Check engine light and o2 sensor

Old 05-08-2018, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much, Mark. My brother is a Jeep mechanic and veteran, recommended this site highly and he was right-good folks here! While I'm not keen on the big $$$, I'm thinking the same thing about getting it done properly. Plus, who's to say I pay $500 and then it's something else again? Rather get it done and fixed for good. Not sure if it's proper to name businesses on here, so I won't at this time, but these were all "name-brand" places vs. a local shop.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Basically you need a new mechanic. If you are getting a CEL from each of two O2 sensors then that indicates you have at least one bad catalytic converter (IDK if the TJ has a so-called "pre-cat" but if so it may also be bad). The O32 sensors are routinely replaced along with the catalytic converters. On most vehicles this is a reasonable DIY job as long as you have a way to get rusted bolts out, but if you hire a pro it should cost no more than a few hundred bucks in labor plus parts. Nowhere near $1200. tubemateget-mobdro.comauthorityapk.com

Last edited by johnsmith101; 03-03-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

No suggestion.

Quick Reply: Check engine light and o2 sensor