Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

I am thoroughly disgusted with my Rubicon

Old 01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that is truly a bummer with all the bugs you have, I think once you get them taken care of you should be fine though.. Unless you want something else at this point. ? good luck either way.
I've had a couple JK's 4dr and 2dr, and I had an LJ before that.
Recently, I just bought another LJ my "last one"this month..
I have come full circle and until they make a longer 2dr like the LJ, there just is no substitute for me.
That is only my case... And with your luck at this point, you might have a different answer that might work better for you.
Good luck either way.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happy_heathen
Ha!
I went to a doc appointment the other day, and wouldn't you know it, as I was leaving the office and heading to my Jeep, my brake lights were all lit up.
So now, I make it a habit to tap the brake pedal before exiting the darn thing.
I had a bad brake switch on my 2000 a few months ago......not to difficult to change....you just have to stand on your head in the floorboard for awhile.

The 2001 I had a few years ago had a bad seat bracket.....the seat wouldn't tilt, etc.....thankfully it was covered under warranty.....the service guy said some of the bracing was bent.

I hope you start having better luck with it. And I hope the job lost has been remedied.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

I wish I knew how to fix this stuff, guys, but I don't have a clue. You all make it sound so easy. My husband and I are both 'puter-types, not car mechanics, let alone Jeep mechanics.

Believe me, had I known this thing was going to be so troublesome, I wouldn't have bought it.

But remember, I HAD a Wrangler Sport - for 9 years! Drove it into the ground. It didn't give me any problems until, like any other vehicle, it began to age, but that's expected. It's not like I went into this purchase completely blind - I figured owning the Rubi would be "more of the same", perhaps even better built. And, it's not like I'm an off-roader (don't throw rocks at me, lol). I just like the way Wranglers look, and they are a blast to drive.

I do appreciate all the technical advice. I just wish I knew what to do with it! In the meantime, though, I just keep my fingers crossed that the engine doesn't fall out while I run errands. (I'm being a big melodramatic here, I know.)

We're expecting a big storm here in San Diego this week. I understand there will be snow, too. I would love to take this thing out in snow! But I'm leery. Would be cool if some of you could show me the ropes, but, you know how it is. Previous engagements and such. But those of you who do venture out, have a great time!

Last edited by happy_heathen; 01-19-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: I am thoroughly disgusted with my Rubicon