Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

My daughters new to her TJ

Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdk
Cool Jeep, my daughter is getting her DL in 3 months and the presure is on to find her a TJ.
I agree, IMO it is one of the best first vehicles a kid could have.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by red09
Nice, she will really enjoy it.

Now...you do realize that you just invited very BOY within a 200 mile radius to say "hello" to your daughter don't you?
Yup I already explained the Jeep wave.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't I live in Huntington Beach Jeep girls are hard to find.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sporticon

I agree, IMO it is one of the best first vehicles a kid could have.
Agreed, but I think new young drivers need a conversation about the characteristics in a jeep (especially 2doors) that make it different than cars. I've unfortunately seen a lot of teenagers roll their jeeps on roads and highways because they drive it like its a Honda civic

Obviously the OPs daughter was born with jeep-genetics
Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

First thing I told her was that it does not handle like a car and she needs to take turns much slower. It does not zip around like her old little 2 door focus. Of course today she flips a u-turn and some stupid lady was speeding around a close corner and instead of hitting the brakes the lady swerved into oncoming traffic lane to get around my daughter and clipped the front plastic corner piece on the jeep. Scrunched the plastic and bent back part of the metal bumper. Which in turn tore the lip off the other lady's alloy wheel. And put black plastic marks on her fender trim.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 AM
JK Newbie

Wow, that was a really nice Jeep. Seeing those pictures that you've shared with us it looks that your daughter really enjoys her trips.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

First thing I told her was that it does not handle like a car and she needs to take turns much slower. It does not zip around like her old little 2 door focus. Of course today she flips a u-turn and some stupid lady was speeding around a close corner and instead of hitting the brakes the lady swerved into oncoming traffic lane to get around my daughter and clipped the front plastic corner piece on the jeep. Scrunched the plastic and bent back part of the metal bumper. Which in turn tore the lip off the other lady's alloy wheel. And put black plastic marks on her fender trim.
Glad she's alright. But theirs the first excused for an upgrade. A nice strong rear bumper with a tire carrier and a trailer hitch which must stick out at leased a foot from the bumper. Why?? So when the next idiot (god forbid) hits her the hitch takes the hit first and not the body of the jeep. Every jeep i've owned has a hitch on it. And all of them has bin hit at least once.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

It was the front bumper we took off the plastic ends today. Somebody else had put some goofy factory mirror replacement brackets on it and they shook like crazy and made the side mirrors useless couldn't see crap. Replaced them with the rugged ridge quick disconnect ones tonight and its 1000 percent better. She just has to get used to the smaller round mirrors now. But at least she can see.
The other lady was a dumb ass and should have stopped instead of swerving into oncoming traffic lane. She's lucky the jeep wasn't lifted otherwise it would have torn her 1/4 panel open like a can opener.

Edit. Her jeep does have a hitch on it maybe I should throw my ball mount on it.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was the front bumper we took off the plastic ends today. Somebody else had put some goofy factory mirror replacement brackets on it and they shook like crazy and made the side mirrors useless couldn't see crap. Replaced them with the rugged ridge quick disconnect ones tonight and its 1000 percent better. She just has to get used to the smaller round mirrors now. But at least she can see.
The other lady was a dumb ass and should have stopped instead of swerving into oncoming traffic lane. She's lucky the jeep wasn't lifted otherwise it would have torn her 1/4 panel open like a can opener.

Edit. Her jeep does have a hitch on it maybe I should throw my ball mount on it.
With these socal drivers we never know I just but my ball mount back on there especially when us 18 year older get blamed for being bad drivers!
Glad everyone is okay!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebelyell22
Why can't I live in Huntington Beach Jeep girls are hard to find.
X2 on that I don't know any jeep girls only one but she doesn't own a jeep yet but she will soon. I think I need to move to Texas!

Quick Reply: My daughters new to her TJ