Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

new to the sight looking for advice

Old 05-05-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the sight looking for advice

Hey everyone i first signed up for this site when i was preparing to buy a new JK but this weekend i got a smoking deal on a 2005 LJ. The jeep is 100% stock and of course im wanting to do a lot to it.

I own my own accessory business and can get Fabtech products at very low prices, so therefore i will be using their lift kit. I am looking for anyone with personal experience with the 6 inch crawler system with or with out the coil overs up front, and also thinking about the 6 inch long arm.

I am new to the jeep world, and dont want to go overboard but at the same time i dont want to buy one kit and wish later that i got the best. This jeep will be ridden on the road to go to my wheeln destinations , i have another vehicle for daily use. As far as the wheelin i will be doing, i will be spending most of my off road time in the NC and TN mountains in the rocks.

any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't had any fab tech lifts before, but my friend had one on his tj. It was the 6" long arm and he loved it. as far as how far you should go with your lift. I would say go as far as you can. get the crawler system with the coil overs. i would get them but cant afford them. BTW, welcome to the jeep family. jk or not your still welcome here!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

i talked to the guys at fabteck and they actually told me i wouldn't get more or better articulation with the coil overs vs their 4 link crawler system but it would greatly improve higher speed driving such as sand dunes and hwy. is this true?

if this is the case i will save the $1300 upgrade fee on the standard crawler system.

also talked to the guys at Rubicon express today to see what i would have to do to carry their product. they told me to receive a significant discount i would have to order 15-20k on my initial purchase. this is out of the question unless i do pre orders. i guess i will have to see.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea thats true. Fabtech is a company with a history of things going fast in the sand. thats not to say they dont make a good crawler kit. I would want the coils overs just because i love them. but from what it sounds like you want, i would leave them out. The ride improvement from those is great but definitely not needed. get some gears or a bumper or bumper and winch with the money you save.

Quick Reply: new to the sight looking for advice