Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

TJ memories

Old 03-27-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could have kept my LJ, but I really needed the extra space and couldn't justify paying for both so LJ out, JK in. It has already been a little over a year with the JK, and as good as it has been, I think I still would rather have my LJ back.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I miss my TJ. She was like the old girlfriend. My JK is my new hot young girlfriend. And she likes to be wheeled hard.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekls
I miss the 4.0 inline 6...........
I miss my TJ every single time I'm at a red light on a road where there's two lanes in each direction, and another car pulls up next to me.

My TJ used to KILL most normal cars off the line. They never saw it coming. True, once you hit 60mph (aka 3rd gear) you weren't gaining any new ground... but it didn't matter at that point, because you were already at least half a car-length in front of the guy you were racing.

The TJ is the ultimate vehicle: Goes through a foot of powder in the winter, windshield down in the summer, and is fast enough to school every punk teenager that isn't driving a porsche.

I like my new JK too... it does look bigger and badder than my 98 Sahara: more modern and with a sportier stance. Power windows, locks, and Sirius... not bad.

But JKs are embarrassingly slow. So many people say "well, they're not built for speed". The thing is, the TJ WAS.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

i would never race my TJ, its quick off the line but after 60ft it dies.

My 03 hemi on the other hand.......... thats another story

Quick Reply: TJ memories