Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Got a little braver with the brand new baby

Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now it is Carolina red clay and rocks. The red clay is like ice when it gets wet. It packs up on your tires ( and everything else ) I try to steer clear of mud these days but sometimes you have no choice. The rocks are fun and is what I prefer.

We used to play out in the woods of what is now the Sawgrass Mills Mall area.

We also used to go out to several of the wildlife management areas. If I recall once you got your hunting permit you could basically run anywhere you wanted.

Great looking Jeep you have and you will really appreciate larger, more aggressive tires offroad.

Where can you offroad in South Florida these days? I have not been back in years
Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PS82
Thanks for the advice. I ordered the BFG km2 m/t's in 33" yesterday along with 17" procomp series 97's. I was definitely considering the TF 2.5" bb with shock extensions but quadratec told me that for just 40-50 dollars more I can get the full kit with shocks. Sounds like a good idea to me. What's your opinion?
I have the TF 2.5 with shocks and love it. I love my 33s but have 35 envy every time one goes by...
Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Now it is Carolina red clay and rocks. The red clay is like ice when it gets wet. It packs up on your tires ( and everything else ) I try to steer clear of mud these days but sometimes you have no choice. The rocks are fun and is what I prefer.

We used to play out in the woods of what is now the Sawgrass Mills Mall area.

We also used to go out to several of the wildlife management areas. If I recall once you got your hunting permit you could basically run anywhere you wanted.

Great looking Jeep you have and you will really appreciate larger, more aggressive tires offroad.

Where can you offroad in South Florida these days? I have not been back in years
I was stationed in Jacksonville in 2004, not my fave town but Asheville is beautiful. I live in the Kendall area and try to go in the area west of 137 ave where you get a lot of the wetlands.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BallsJK
I have the TF 2.5 with shocks and love it. I love my 33s but have 35 envy every time one goes by...
I hope I don't end up wanting 35's later, this is a hobby that easily drains my bank account lol
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Cool - looks like fun!!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Nice pics...but was hopin' for an alligator!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DesolationMania
Nice pics...but was hopin' for an alligator!
Ill make sure I find you one next time
Old 06-16-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remeber my first mud hole lol. My jeep had 68 miles on it and I was on the way home from the dealership. Same thing happened to me, I had a 5'' lift and 35's installed before the 30 day tags expired. That stuff looks nasty lol, be sure to post some pics when you go back with your new setup.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sirtreysif
I remeber my first mud hole lol. My jeep had 68 miles on it and I was on the way home from the dealership. Same thing happened to me, I had a 5'' lift and 35's installed before the 30 day tags expired. That stuff looks nasty lol, be sure to post some pics when you go back with your new setup.
Will do man, I wish me had more rock, creek beds, etc to drive through. The Si Flo mucks gets pretty deep and nasty out here. I'd like to take a drive through the smokies.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Plan it during the fall sometime in sept when the leaves turn. It's defiantly a trip worth taking.

Quick Reply: Got a little braver with the brand new baby