Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

I know I'm not the only one...

Old 02-10-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7kings
I've never been to Jeep Beach, but it looks pretty cool. The closest trails to us are at Bab**** Webb WMA in Punta Gorda. They're mostly improved trails with some mud and sand, but it makes for a nice relaxing day in the woods. Feel free to shoot me a PM when you get down if you'd like to gather up and get some dirt on the Jeeps. I did just read an article about a new "recreation park" that is being built in Punta Gorda - something like 1000 acres, but I haven't seen any specifics about exactly what provisions there will be for 4x4s. I know they were talking about motorcycles and ATVs, but I'm not sure about Jeeps. If that goes through, that'll be really nice.

Edit: That's funny - the forum is censoring the name of the WMA in Punta Gorda - it's Babc-o-c-k Webb...
It would definitely be awesome to have 1000 acres dedicated to Atv's, m/cycles and jeeps...especially if it is in the Punta Gorda area as that is pretty close. Send me the link if you can.

I will definitely send you a pm when I get back down. My better half has a week off in March so we will be flying down then but won't have the jeep. I will have a rental suv so maybe could do the trails anyway...lol.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prpichm
It would definitely be awesome to have 1000 acres dedicated to Atv's, m/cycles and jeeps...especially if it is in the Punta Gorda area as that is pretty close. Send me the link if you can.

I will definitely send you a pm when I get back down. My better half has a week off in March so we will be flying down then but won't have the jeep. I will have a rental suv so maybe could do the trails anyway...lol.
Here's an article I found: Proposed entertainment and recreation park near Punta Gorda raises plenty of questions | HeraldTribune.com
Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have to get in yours to smile? I smile when I look at mine in the driveway (makes even letting the dog out a happy moment lol). Even smile when I am writing the check for the payment
Old 03-10-2014, 12:32 AM
JK Freak

It all started in 1979. I fell in love with a 1974 CJ5 with 304 v8 and 3 spd tranny. From there it was a shiny 92 black YJ which lasted 2 yrs, then I drove by a Ford dealership and saw this beautiful lifted blue YJ on the stand. 8 hours later at midnight I drove out of that dealership with that same YJ and over the next 12 years its transformation and mine was life changing. 10 years into that 12 made the mistake of getting hitched and ended up selling it "for the family", basically so my ex could get her a new car and i ended up with an old Subby. Learned a valuable lesson never get rid of the Jeep. Well had the Subby 5yrs then purchased a 2002 Ford F350 4x4 Crewcab which I really loved but the repairs and maintenace drove me back to my first love the Jeep. I purchased a JKU Sport but within a year knew I had to move up to the JKU Rubicon. Thats where I am at now and am totally in love with the Commando Green little Rubi that i bought.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

I've owned cars, I've owned trucks but there is nothing I've ever owned that compares to my jeep. I've only had it for a few months and it's currently in the body shop (deer at. 65mph) so I'm stuck with a rental and I can always remember looking forward to getting rentals before but this has been the longest week of my life waiting to get it back. Don't get me wrong my rental is some high end Volvo since it's the only thing they had with at least awd and it's a nice car, comfortable, well equipped, fuel efficient and I despise every second in it. I want my JKU BACK!!! Hard bumps and crap mileage and all.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've wanted a Jeep since I first saw the Golden Eagle on Dukes of Hazard. I'm thankful that when my old Expedition was sold that I couldn't find the Tacoma I thought I wanted. After weeks of searching for the perfect truck I landed my '10 JKU and haven't looked back. Now if only I had the money to give the Jeep all the mods it deserves!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

I bought my first Jeep over the winter (I'm 48). Wanted one for a long time. I was smiling when i drove it home and like a 16 year old who just got his license, I was looking for places to go just to drive it.

It came with a hard top and lousy sounding stereo. I've spent hundreds on upgrading the sound system and I'm finally satisfied. Now that summer is upon us, I've removed the top and find myself smiling even bigger as I drive through town with the stereo blaring. Mid-life crisis???

Anyway, you're not alone
Old 05-31-2014, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys/gals! I am a new jeep owner ('14 wrangler sport). I wanted a jeep for years and finally took the plunge about 2 months ago. I have never felt so good behind the wheel in my life. The first weekend I had it I took the top off and the doors were gone!! I drove 200 miles through the back roads of SE Louisiana just cruising. It was amazing! I've never felt so free in my life. I am hooked and I can't wait to do it again. Love to find out how many others are out there feeling the same way. Wave on people! See you on my next cruise!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 06-04-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best thing about my jeep is that my girlfriends "larger" friends don't like climbing in.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never received so many complements about a vehicle I've owned in my driving life as I do in my jeep. Even tonight while i was sitting in traffic in a parking lot (waiting to get out) a guy walks up saying "nice jeep" and starts asking questions about it, lift, tires, etc. It makes me love my jeep that much more. =)

Sent using the Force

Quick Reply: I know I'm not the only one...