Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

JK unlimited at the drive-in

Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK unlimited at the drive-in

I was thinking about going to the drive-in and wondered if jeeps are allowed to back in and lay in the back with tailgate open to watch movies. I know you would have to park in the back but not sure if it's comfortable to watch movies back there. Would probably set up a piece of memory foam to lay on and fold the seats down. Has anybody done this and possibly any input? As to recommend or not.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did this last weekend. Took a few blankets and pillows. It was a blast! We did not park in the back, but we were not a problem for anyone either. 10/10 will do it again. I would recommend an air mattress for maximum comfort. I think full size is the right one to fit. only uncomfortable part will be the exposed hardware from folding the seat, at least on my 2010.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agentjohnson
Just did this last weekend. Took a few blankets and pillows. It was a blast! We did not park in the back, but we were not a problem for anyone either. 10/10 will do it again. I would recommend an air mattress for maximum comfort. I think full size is the right one to fit. only uncomfortable part will be the exposed hardware from folding the seat, at least on my 2010.
Great! I forgot about the seat hardware being there. I am assuming you went topless? I wasn't sure if I should just open back glass and swing the door open, or remove top. I live in the city and they cut my soft top to take change out of consol on my TJ and yes the doors were unlocked. So I didn't get a soft top for JK.

Quick Reply: JK unlimited at the drive-in