So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!? - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

Old 10-11-2014, 10:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Red face So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

As was suggested on a different post, let's start a positive thread about our Jeeps!

I've loved Jeeps since I was a teen. My step-uncle had a YJ, Sahara with a 3" lift and 33's. He bought it for looks and was the in thing to drive, I believe it's been called a "yuppie" Jeep. Well he always wanted it clean and waxed, which being a 16 year old with a new license, I offered to do just that in exchange for him letting me drive it!

I loved having the top down and blasting the stereo! It was the ultimate freedom machine! I would often have to go to the corner store to buy him a soda or something and of course I would take the long way, pick up a few friends and take my time. He never minded of course. He kept it a few years but unfortunately he lost his job and was not able to keep it and it was repo'ed. I really loved that Jeep!

Fast forward 22 years or so and I finally buy a Jeep of my own. They have really changed by this point too. To be honest I like having power windows and an auto, it just makes for a more enjoyable ride. I have a JKU which is why I bought the hardtop. If I had bought the 2 door, I would have definitely gotten the soft top. About a year after I bought the Jeep I was finally able to get it lifted. I went with the 2.5" coil lift from Teraflex which I am very happy with. There are not too many Jeeps in my town, even less are lifted like mine, I am one happy camper! I take it off road when I can, I especially like driving on the beach, along the shoreline with the windows down listening to the ocean.

Annnnd now, about a month ago I moved from deep South Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Holy cow! I've never seen so many Jeeps! A lot of them are modded too! I've found an area to go off road, it's Northwest of ABQ, and the scenery is beautiful! I will hopefully meet some other Jeepers out here and make new friends. I love the camaraderie and community that comes with owning a Jeep! I still like driving with the windows down except now I'm looking at the mountains and valleys versus the ocean.

Anyway, cheers!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Default So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

^^^Exactly^^^ finally owning a jeep and introducing it to my kids. Just one year of owning it and the community is so close and comforting like my family and corps is. I will never leave it and keep jeeping on.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Val 2.0 View Post
As was suggested on a different post, let's start a positive thread about our Jeeps!

I've loved Jeeps since I was a teen. My step-uncle had a YJ, Sahara with a 3" lift and 33's. He bought it for looks and was the in thing to drive, I believe it's been called a "yuppie" Jeep. Well he always wanted it clean and waxed, which being a 16 year old with a new license, I offered to do just that in exchange for him letting me drive it!

I loved having the top down and blasting the stereo! It was the ultimate freedom machine! I would often have to go to the corner store to buy him a soda or something and of course I would take the long way, pick up a few friends and take my time. He never minded of course. He kept it a few years but unfortunately he lost his job and was not able to keep it and it was repo'ed. I really loved that Jeep!

Fast forward 22 years or so and I finally buy a Jeep of my own. They have really changed by this point too. To be honest I like having power windows and an auto, it just makes for a more enjoyable ride. I have a JKU which is why I bought the hardtop. If I had bought the 2 door, I would have definitely gotten the soft top. About a year after I bought the Jeep I was finally able to get it lifted. I went with the 2.5" coil lift from Teraflex which I am very happy with. There are not too many Jeeps in my town, even less are lifted like mine, I am one happy camper! I take it off road when I can, I especially like driving on the beach, along the shoreline with the windows down listening to the ocean.

Annnnd now, about a month ago I moved from deep South Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Holy cow! I've never seen so many Jeeps! A lot of them are modded too! I've found an area to go off road, it's Northwest of ABQ, and the scenery is beautiful! I will hopefully meet some other Jeepers out here and make new friends. I love the camaraderie and community that comes with owning a Jeep! I still like driving with the windows down except now I'm looking at the mountains and valleys versus the ocean.

Anyway, cheers!
Ocean side rides are the best!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:16 AM
JK Freak

I love that insatiable feeling that I can simply drive off road anywhere around me as I coast down the highway.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo View Post
I love that insatiable feeling that I can simply drive off road anywhere around me as I coast down the highway.
YES! I love that the jeep is a smile maker!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:46 AM
JK Freak

I love cruisin down a dirt road/trail at dusk. Drivin with the windows open in nature, listening to the sound of silence while smelling the trees. Ahhhhh
Old 10-12-2014, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo View Post
I love cruisin down a dirt road/trail at dusk. Drivin with the windows open in nature, listening to the sound of silence while smelling the trees. Ahhhhh
We don't have enough trails right here, just a bunch of rednecky mud holes, have to go a bit north or west to get to the good stuff. There is the beach too....
Old 10-12-2014, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi

I love being able to say "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" :thumbup:

sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 10-16-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

i like the idea its not a car, not a truck...its in its own catergory

thing I love the most is the history of jeep....from willys, bantam, Kaiser, amc......everything from scramblers to woody wagons.....cj2,cj3, cj5 and cj7

fc's, commandos.....etc

the list goes on and on...they have a history, a reputation.....it will stick forever (I hope) as a rugged, reliable, made for the outdoorsy people

History of the jeep is why I have had 10-12 jeeps in my life....

oh and jeeps don't leak oil, they sweat horsepower!!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Its versatility.

Its capable of crawling, muddling, and other amazing feats of offroadability, yet I am 100% comfortable parking it in manhattan and having cabs bump up against it .

Plus, not many things are cooler than jumping out of a muddy jeep dressed to the 9s at a high end restaurant/venue.

But thats just a city guy speaking.

Quick Reply: So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: