Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Superchips

Old 03-11-2019, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips

Probably been asked a million times but I have a 2011 jku Sahara, was givin to me with some 35s and nitto trail grapplers. I read a lot of promising review, and a fellow member ( def knows what he’s talking about ) said otherwise.
so im in between with this, I read threads about these things even making the jku worse !!!! I don’t do off-roading the Jeep was giving to me as is. I’m trying to get the most out of it the right way. Thanks guys
Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I don’t understand what you’re getting at. Are you asking if Superchips tuner is okay to use? If so yes it is. Or are you asking about the 35” tires?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for that poorly asked questions, I’m trying to figure out if the super chips is worth it or should I just re gear with Yukon? I’m running with 35s right now, I know there’s not much you can do with the 3.8 power wise, so I was told my best bet would be to re gear
Old 03-11-2019, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

programming tire size will help in that you know the speed you're actually traveling, and the shift points for the auto tranny will be proper, but you're not going to notice a ton of difference. at highway speeds you're off ~5mph. if you regear, you'll need a programmer anyhow. IMO, it's worth it to buy a programmer, but it doesn't need to be anything fancy. regearing various across the county, but you're probably looking $1500 +/-, and it's worthwhile to do in the long run. The biggest issue regearing is finding a reputable shop that you trust in your area.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Resharp’s advice is spot on. If the ride is sluggish with factory gears, then getting your axles re-geared will be a boon. Like he said you’ll need a programmer for auto transmission. AEV makes one too and I think there is a newer app you can pay for that is cheaper and adjust parameters with a cheap Bluetooth OBD device. You’ll need to research that app, a user recently posted about it but I didn’t review it with a fine tooth comb.

Regarding performance wise on Superchips I have mine programmed for 91 octane but it definitely isn’t a jaw dropping change.

Quick Reply: Superchips