Notices
JK Audio & Electronics This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler audio equipment and electronics. This would include items such as stereo headunits, speaker systems, CB radios and GPS units.

Garmin 60CSx Handheld GPS and Maps

Old 12-22-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garmin 60CSx Handheld GPS and Maps

So, I have decided to part with my 60CSx which I've owned for about 2 years. I never have really gotten to understand all its functions enough to use them; I namely have used it for highway travel and geocaching maybe 2-3 days - literally.

The thing is near mint and will come with everything pictured including car charger, bean bag mount, original box and manuals, 2GB card installed, extra 128MB card, City Navigator NT maps CD - I believe they are the 2008 version (I purchased near end of 2007 and got the 2008 map package). Also has USB cable (not pictured, only found it after pic). Only thing missing that came with it I believe it a suction cup to mount on windshield - which can't be much to purchase seperate.

The road maps for entire continuous US and Canada is loaded on the 2GB card in the GPS already. I also had my brother load topo maps of the "Mid-Atlantic" on it - it is either on the same 2GB card or on the seperate 128MB card. The disc for topo is not included as he was kind enough to install his on my GPS (but only PA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, etc), it was not my topo disc.

This thing can do a lot of different things I just did not have the time to study the manual and utilize it to its full potential so I am replacing it with a plain old Garmin 205W since I really only use it for highway travel anyway. When I go offroad its at Rausch Creek and I have the trails memorized anyway so GPS is kind of pointless.

I'm not really sure how much these go for these days and haven't yet done the research but it was pricey for the GPS, 2GB microcard, and maps when I got it 2 years ago and its no worse for wear than then. If I don't get any reasonable offers, I'll post up a price and if no takers it will go to Ebay in a day or two.

Last edited by redrockin7; 12-22-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hummm... Any idea what you are looking to get for this? I am semi-curious mainly because I live in PA so the topo would help me.

If you have an idea let me know,

thanks,

Jack
Old 12-22-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Jack -

I am open to reasonable offers as I am not sure what the going rate on a used one with maps would be.

I can tell you this - on ebay you can get a new one for around $300 with no maps and only the "stock" 128MB card which won't fit many maps. Maps run around $100 for city navigator and another $100 for topo, if you wanted entire US (this only has mid-atlantic on the card, as noted and the disc is my brothers so I can't provide that). Plus you need a 2GB card so figure another $20 or so, maybe more. My brother might even be able to load all the topo maps on a 2GB card if you buy it and want to send it to me to have them loaded, I would have to look into it. I think he registered my unit under his name so we could share his topos...

As far as going rate of a used one, the only thing I know is I saw one listed up on here a few months ago (October?) with all topo maps and no city maps. And he was asking $275. So, based on this, mine being a little older (but still great shape), but having more stuff, I would think somewhere around $250 would be what I expect to get?

If I can't get it here, I can probably put it on ebay and get more, so I figured I'd put it here for a day or too and see if any interest in it and I can save you $150-200 on buying a new one, maps, additional memory, etc.

Steve
Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Sold this on ebay and surprisingly it brought $286 + ship! Post can be removed whenever...

Of course I recycled the funds into the jeep - AEV snorkel, yah!

Quick Reply: Garmin 60CSx Handheld GPS and Maps