Notices
JK Audio & Electronics This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler audio equipment and electronics. This would include items such as stereo headunits, speaker systems, CB radios and GPS units.

Sad day... got to let my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT go...

Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bad news is I have a new 2011 Rubicon that I talked the dealer into throwing a new MyGig Nav unit into. The new nav unit comes in this week so I have my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT just sitting here that I took out of my 2008 JK before I traded it in.

The good news is I have my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT just sitting here that I took out of my 2008 JK before I traded it in. So now I pass it along to another loving, caring Jeep owner who will cherish Samantha (its what I called the chicks voice on it) and show her the same Jeep good times I did!

Heres the rundown:

As mentioned previously it is a Pioneer top of the line AVIC-F90BT Premier. I'm not sure what all it had that the lower 900 series doesn't but it says "Premier" right on the front. TAKE THAT 900 SERIES!

I know that it does the following:
  • Radio (both AM and the new fangled FM)
  • CD Player
  • USB input (which I ran to the glove box, nice to plug in a thumb drive with 900+ songs on it. All accessible and run from the radio)
  • DVD player
  • Bluetooth (works with voice dialing and downloads my address book. Also says "You've got a message" when I would get a text. I have a Droid X, your mileage may vary)
  • SD card slot in front. 16 gig if I remember correctly.
  • HD Radio ready (with some goofy adapter)
  • Sattelite Radio (with some goofy adapter)
  • Ipod Ready (with some goofy adapter... I'm a Zune guy, it works great with that!)

Here's some of the modifying that's been done to it over stock. I know how you Jeep peoples like your modifications!! The list:
  • YES! It's been modified to play DVD's while in motion. It has the hardware pin lockout done AND the software restriction raised to 254 miles per hour. I think that's good enough.
  • Yes! It has the Nav input and selection items unlocked to be used in motion as well.
  • Yes! It has the newest 3.1 software from the AVIC-X90BT ALREADY INSTALLED!!! The only thing that seperates the F model from the new X model is the software.
  • Yes! It has the newest 2010 maps!
  • Yes! It has a back-up camera that has great video AND SOUND! I guess, I never hooked up the sound, seriously though, the video is great. During the day it has that block the sun spot technology (no clue what it's called but I know it's good for the camera) and at night automatically switches to night vision for SUPER low light.
  • Yes! It has the mounting tabs for a Jeep JK! No, I do not know for sure if it fits anything other than a 2008 Jeep JKU, black in color with gray interior. You need to figure that one out yourself. But I am pretty sure it will fit 2007 to 2010 Jeep JK's. You will have to "trim" some out on the inside as detailed on this site in another, more interesting thread.
  • Yes! ... I forgot where I was...
  • Yes! It has the original box and packing and manuals!!
  • Yes! It has the CAN-BUS adapter already soldered onto the wiring harness. What's that? YES, SOLDERED! BTW, it's the expensive Nav CAN-BUS adapter so it's pulling directional information from the Jeep as well. When it goes into reverse the back-up camera switches automatically, no wiring to back-up lights.
  • No! It does not have the basic stock (you Jeep people) boring NAV interface. It has a new custom designed one from one of the awesome deveolopers at a forum for this specific model. I won't say what forum but if you want the 411 about AVIC's you might try looking here... AVIC
  • Yes! It has a cool custom loading wall-paper of me and my family from X-mas two years ago. I just realised I didn't change it before uninstalling it. No extra charge. My family is nice looking... you can put a post-it over me if you want, I don't mind. Or change it to a pic of your family. Or Jeep.
  • Yes! It has Microsoft MSN Direct information FREE... until it expires this fall sometimes.

Time for another GIANT pic of something:

That reminds me. I made the mount for the back-up camera so it goes behind the spare. Just pop the plastic center cap out of the spare and it peeks right out! It works with the aluminum stock rims... your rims may vary.

What else... Okay the bad things about it:
  • I mentioned the loading screen picture...
  • Oh it has a new knob on it from some dude that machines custom knobs. The stock know is flat, like a 1/16" and very hard to grasp. The new one is thicker... about 1/4" thick. Consider it an upgrade. Oh crap, I am supposed to listing the bad things... okay hold on...
  • Samantha gets cranky as hell when you don't turn where she says. She has on occasion demanded that I make a U-turn as soon as possible and she once suggested that I stop and get directions.
  • I did cut the round wire screw down thingy off when uninstalling the ground. Sorry. I'll throw one in... wait, I'll just re-attach it myself... hell just skip this line item then.
  • I got nothing else, this things is that nice.

Another big damn pic:

Crap, that ones little. Oh well, the actual plug is bigger than that though... actual size.

What else? THAT'S NOT ALL! I have 2 25 foot RCA cables with it. One goes from the camera to the head unit, one goes from the head unit to anywhere in the back seat for a monitor out! The kids loved that one! Or use that second RCA cable to run audio with video the head unit. I have the original GPS antenna. I know, shocker right? A nav unit that HAS ALL THE NAV STUFF!! I have the original mic, a long a$$ cord on it but I just ran it to the center console edge, worked great there. I am leaving the retractable 1/8" audio/video input on it too for inputing... well audio/video... like from a ZUNE! Screw Apple. I have the adapter for that stupid antenna plug that some sadist at Chrysler decided to put in our vehicles.

It worked perfectly for the year and a half I ran it up until the day I took it out. I don't know what's happened to it since that fateful day. It's been sitting in a clean box in my garage. My bike is in the garage too and it's a very bad influence so I have no idea what's happened to it in that garage. There may have been partying going on, I don't know for sure. I removed it from the Jeep 8 days ago, anything could have happened!!!

That's it, I'm tapped. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll try to be brief with answers. I'll leave you with more pics... small ones. You can follow them to my Picasa photo album to see more if you would like.

Scott

Last edited by Vic Hammer; 01-03-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the price!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yea... I kinda got to rambling there and lost my place. Interesting story, I was actually trying to upload photos to my album WHILE typing this whole ad so... yea that was not interesting, sorry about that. I owe you one interesting story.

PRICE!? Focus Scott, you can do this.

I'm asking $ 614.78 for all of it. Not installed, but delivered. Anywhere. In the US. Screw Canada. Just kidding, I'll ship it to Canada. FOR 1 MILLION DOLLARS!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! Nice.... Crazy Canadians!!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

This is the most entertaining for sale ad I have read !!! You're invited to come wheelin' with me anytime !!! LOL

"Free Bump For Entertaining"
Old 01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Newbie

Had the F90bt in my F-150 S-crew and I must say it is a fantastic system! It talks to you and you talk to it just like KITT. Especially wonderful with an Ipod adapter. Have thousands of songs in your Ipod? Push the magic button, say which song/artist/album you want and voila! You can talk to it and make it do pretty much anything that can be done on it. It is actually better than my Mercedes COMMAND multimedia system.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Funniest ad ever. Thanks for the laugh and good luck. I can't afford the shipping to Canada!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hoping I get my bonus sooner than later, if I do... I will be paypal'n or sending money to you asap! This is literally the setup I have been looking for!

I'll keep an I on the thread and when the $ comes hopefully it will still be here!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Well, sad to say I'm not interested in this product. However, after reading this awesome ad, I should be!

I did get an awesome idea for the backup camera I've been holding on to for a year... now I can try that and mount it!

I'd say this is a free bump, but it was already on the top... so here's to keeping it on the top.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jhughes2013
Had the F90bt in my F-150 S-crew and I must say it is a fantastic system! It talks to you and you talk to it just like KITT. Especially wonderful with an Ipod adapter. Have thousands of songs in your Ipod? Push the magic button, say which song/artist/album you want and voila! You can talk to it and make it do pretty much anything that can be done on it. It is actually better than my Mercedes COMMAND multimedia system.
Yes Sir, full iPod control right from the face of the unit, album info and the like. Full control, just like Apple is doing to all the people who buy their products. "We are different. We must all conform together to be different as a collective."

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Funniest ad ever. Thanks for the laugh and good luck. I can't afford the shipping to Canada!
Thanks man, you are the ONLY Canadian I would ship to. *

Originally Posted by RGJKU (best friend)
Hoping I get my bonus sooner than later, if I do... I will be paypal'n or sending money to you asap! This is literally the setup I have been looking for!

I'll keep an I on the thread and when the $ comes hopefully it will still be here!
I hope you get your bonus soon too my new best friend! I usually spend my bonus taking the family on some kind of trip, mostly to Wally World (sucked), sometimes to Europe (that was okay) or just local like Vegas (that trip was great!). Recently my company cancelled giving out X-mas bonuses but then on Christmas night he changed his mind (I don't want to talk about why) and we got our bonuses! Christ sakes alive those are good memories! Anyhoo... good luck with that bonus, I hope your boss isn't a "Mr. Shirley" to you!

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
Well, sad to say I'm not interested in this product. However, after reading this awesome ad, I should be!

I did get an awesome idea for the backup camera I've been holding on to for a year... now I can try that and mount it!

I'd say this is a free bump, but it was already on the top... so here's to keeping it on the top.
It does work really well, plus it can't be stolen unless THEY TAKE THE FRIGGIN' SPARE TIRE OFF!! Solid mount with a great angle, you should do it... wait, maybe I should patent this idea... okay eaglemikeo (if that's your real name (sounds made up)), consider this a cease and desist order from fabricating anything similar to this design, idea or concept. If I am ever driving around and I see that mount on your Jeep I will glare at you menacingly until you drive off. Fair warning my newest nemesis.

Or I will sell you the camera bracket only for $ 614.78. It comes with a free radio, camera, etc...

* by shipping I mean I'll will set it on the side of the road in front of my house in hopes that some Dudley Do-Right stops by on his snow covered horse to deliver it to your frozen tundra. I am certain shipping costs for this service will run in the "hundreds of pelts" region. Look for it to arrive sometime between Thursday and 2014.

Quick Reply: Sad day... got to let my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT go...