Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

2M/70cm freqs for Vegas

Old 11-21-2013, 02:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2M/70cm freqs for Vegas

Going to Vegas Dec 12-15th, any of you folks there have the active 2m/70cm freqs for your area ? Taking an FT60 handheld with me.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jnr0104
Going to Vegas Dec 12-15th, any of you folks there have the active 2m/70cm freqs for your area ? Taking an FT60 handheld with me.
Take a look here:

Amateur Radio Repeater database - Updated daily

Select Nevada, and see what pops up.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, but I'm looking for folks that know the general area and the most used repeaters and freqs.
I have 3 data base apps on my phone . The one you listed, using my region for an example , out of the 18 repeaters listed, only 6 are in use some haven't been there for several years. As to updating every day, I'm sure it does for somewhere in the US, not in my area, one town that lists 4 repeaters has exactly 0 now and has been that way for 2 months. I wouldn't bet on it being any more accurate in Vegas. Thanks for the comment though.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

I used to struggle with that too. Finding used frequencies when traveling. I finally got a nice hand held scanner. When it gets a transmission hit, it also shows Pl codes. Great investment.
I even mounted an antenna for it on my JK.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Scanner ?

JKUbryan What type of scanner? Thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by desertdust
JKUbryan What type of scanner? Thanks
I ended up with a Uniden Bearcat BC125AT handheld. I think it works great, but frankly, I wouldn't know any better. It did seem to have decent reviews for the price point. And it came with a good manual (unlike the Ham handhelds I own).

I actually bought it for a different reason. I occasionally am a photographer at various events, especially horse shows, and I wanted to tap into their communication frequencies so I could better monitor what was going on throughout the day. This scanner has a Close Call feature that when turned on, will search for any and all transmissions and clue me into the frequency and PL code. This works great since their communications appear to be spread out among many different band plans (business, GMRS and a few others, oddly).

Last edited by JKUBryan; 01-09-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm searching Ebay now

KJ6MYT

Quick Reply: 2M/70cm freqs for Vegas