Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Another noise post.....

Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another noise post.....

I'm sure I already know the answer though. I am getting noise from my fuel pump when the Jeep is switched on, and then when it's running. It does not come through the internal CB speaker, only the externally mounted speaker. I have tried two other external speakers with the same result. So I'm sure it has something to do with the CB external speaker output. I have a Galaxy DX55V, it's older but still a great unit.

Thanks for any input.

Also do any of you know a decent repair shop for Galaxy Radio's? I used to take it to LJ's two way in Fuquay NC but they are no longer there.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Filter caps work good on power wires where you want to take the AC component off of DC voltage. But on audio, the caps just alter the tone of the audio since the signal is all AC to begin with. Shielded microphone cable for the wire is the way to go. Ground the shield on both ends if possible.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09BlackRubiNC
Also do any of you know a decent repair shop for Galaxy Radio's? I used to take it to LJ's two way in Fuquay NC but they are no longer there.
]Rollingradios@aol.com

He is in the Richmond, VA area and is a good tech !!

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-02-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: no email links to non sponsor vendors

Quick Reply: Another noise post.....