Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Buying a CB

Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
You mean "Firestik" not "Firefly".... Firefly is the sweet tea vodka! Haha. Did you get into it already!?
In this case it's actually the Firefly antenna manufactured by Firestik. The Firefly series is their lighter more flexible antenna. I only got the 3' one because the Rocky Road mount still puts it up high enough that performance hasn't been an issue. I've used it on two trips so far, worked great.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm running a 3' Firestick Firefly which is a more bendy version. I went 3' because my antenna mounts atop my PJ tire carrier so it is already high enough to whap a lot of stuff.

htt p://www.firestik.com/Catalog/FL3-FL4.htm
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

I'm running the Firefly too, both the antenna and the vodka they make 20 miles south of here down on Wadmalaw Island.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I originally had a 4' Firefly and wiped it out on a trail with low hanging branches. I switched to a 3' Wilson Flex Silver Series and prefer it to the firefly. It is very flexible and tunes out to 1.1 across the entire spectrum. My mount point is near the top of my tire carrier so it sticks up 20" above my roofline and works great; and it has hit many branches and simply bends without damage so far. Many truckers use Wilson's which is how I came to know of them. The link to what I'm talking about is:

h x x p://www.wilsonantenna.com/fiberglass.php
Old 11-10-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks much everyone.

Quick Reply: Buying a CB