Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Cb Radio Mount Ideas?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ideas. I have 3 radios to mount if I include the CB which is the least important. But I need to be able to easily remove them or have them well hidden when in the cities where I travel and live part-time. When I travel alone I just stack them on the passenger seat. Someday the solution will pop up.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patchules
Nice ideas. I have 3 radios to mount if I include the CB which is the least important. But I need to be able to easily remove them or have them well hidden when in the cities where I travel and live part-time. When I travel alone I just stack them on the passenger seat. Someday the solution will pop up.
Why not mount them in the console?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
What a cool idea!
Only thing that stinks with the JK is lack of nooks to put stuff but really mine just holds some power cables and random stuff.

Maybe when I linex it and have to take the console out I'll fab someting up inside there.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rogu3JK
What a cool idea!
Only thing that stinks with the JK is lack of nooks to put stuff but really mine just holds some power cables and random stuff.

Maybe when I linex it and have to take the console out I'll fab someting up inside there.
I can't wait to see what Tuffy puts together for the full console replacement. Could be a good place to mount that stuff depending on how it turns out.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FLyellowjk
heres a pic of my home made mount ... cost me like $4.... and i didnt drill hole in the jeep.
Could you post a pic or two of the end of the bar and how it attaches to the Jeep. I'd like to build something similar.

Thanks,
Glen
Old 12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I wonder if the Tuffy replacement will be a bit wider? I need to be a little careful as the 2-meter puts out 65 watts and the Marine 25 watts. A fan might be enough for cooling and maybe some shielding to prevent interference.

Hmmm. A hinged arm to swing them out like I did for the cell phone in my Explorer. Then the Tuffy arm rest might be usuable since the factory one is not so useable.

But I like the suggestion. Will go and takes some measurements when the sleet stops.

Quick Reply: Cb Radio Mount Ideas?