Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB's . . .

Old 08-05-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB's . . .

Let see pictures of all the CB's out there , where they are mounted , how they work, and where you purchased them from. . I'm interested in purchasing one!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikey214
Let see pictures of all the CB's out there , where they are mounted , how they work, and where you purchased them from. . I'm interested in purchasing one!
as for how does a cb work you can go here for info. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+does+a+cb+work

Most have them mounted to the upper windshield. There are tons of threads with pics of mountings in them. Mine is just crammed between the passenger seat and the console. and you can buy them just about any where (truck stop and most of your big box stores.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00881.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	191272

I used a Smittybilt over head gear console. Mounted both my Uniden 520 CB and Yeasu 7900 HAM radios and still had a little bit of room left over for a flashlight and my portable HAM radio, Yeasu FT-60. I use little velcro straps to hold up the mic cords when not in use, quick and easy.

I have had it up there since Jan 2010, ROCK SOLID. No issues at all. I have done hundreds of trips with it up there, Race Track Rd in Death Valley (roughest 25 mile road anywhere, lol) and it didn't move an inch. No squeaks, anything. Very pleased:clap: