Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Cooltech ultra mount

Old 08-07-2017, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooltech ultra mount

For those of you using the cool tech ultra mount for your CB antenna (the one on the license plate holder), where did you route your coax? Obviously behind the holder and the rear light, but from there, how did you route it into the cab area to the CB? There appears to be a grommet at the top of the rear light cavity. Did you run it up through there? Thanks for the help. If you have any photos, I would appreciate seeing them. Thanks again.

** EDIT** I just poked a hole in the grommet. Seems to be the easiest place to run the coax.

Last edited by Reepo; 08-07-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made my own mount for the tire carrier and ran my cable up to the roll bar and then just unzipped the roll bar padding and ran it up the tubes to above the rear view where I mounted my cb. You should be able to do the same as long as the cable comes inside. An 18' cable was the perfect length for my JKU.

Quick Reply: Cooltech ultra mount