Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Field Day 2010

Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Field Day 2010

How many of you are attending Field day this year? As the President of our local club, Glynn Amateur Radio Association, we will be activating N4FD (great callsign for Field Day) From Blythe Island Regional Park in SE GA.
Look for us on all the HF bands, both CW and Voice.

Hope to hear fellow Jeep owners on Field Day!

N4XGI
Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool ARRL Field Day 2010, In Escondido (San Diego County,) CA

Our local club, the Escondido Amateur Radio Society (EARS) is into Field Day in a big way every year. We are a Class 2 Alpha, and our club call sign is N6SD. Our sight is located in the campground of a city park. We will have two 30' crank-up towers. one for SSB phone and one for CW. We will also have a 10, 20, 40 meter tri-band at the GOTA tent and I will be working at the VHF/UHF/ 6 meter tent where we will have a Buddipole w/6 meter yagi attachment plus separate antennas for VHF/UHF and a much larger primary yagi for 6 meters. We always have a pot luck on Saturday evening and expect 50+ folks this year. Always a good time !

KI6VBQ
Old 06-23-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

I'll be attending the Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society (GARS) Field Day part of the day, especially helping get antennas erected and messing around with D-STAR. GARS is in Gwinnett county in metro Atlanta, northeast of the city. We'll be operating as W4GR and are a class 8A group.

Joel W4JOL

Last edited by joelb; 06-23-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Jeff
How many of you are attending Field day this year? As the President of our local club, Glynn Amateur Radio Association, we will be activating N4FD (great callsign for Field Day) From Blythe Island Regional Park in SE GA.
Look for us on all the HF bands, both CW and Voice.

Hope to hear fellow Jeep owners on Field Day!

N4XGI
I'm almost positive I've had a qso with somebody using that callsign before..... I'll probably just jump in and give the multiplier from the qth here. But I may get down to the high school where the Moosehorn Amateur Radio Club will be set up. But if my knee feels better.........I'M GOIN' FISHIN'...!!!......lol 73
Old 06-23-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

My club will be operating KA5B from the Clovis Community College grounds. We will be 3A with 20m and 40m phone and I will be operating the digital station. I had thought about operating with the station in my Jeep but figured sitting in there for 24 hours would get uncomfortable.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow I didn't know it was a annual nation wide field day. I plan on going to our local field day, it is "Okanogan County Amateur Radio Field day in Tonasket, Wa.
I plan on taking the technicians test and maybe go ahead and try to pass the General test as well. I have been studing pretty hard for the tech test and a little for the general, it is a lot to remember. But it sounds fun.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck with the test! You should at least try for General, you don't pay anything extra if you don't pass.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wxjeep
Good luck with the test! You should at least try for General, you don't pay anything extra if you don't pass.
Thank-you, yes that is what a friend of mine said also, I still have a few days to study.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

The Virginia Emergency Operations Center - N4VEM - will be operating Saturday Eve and Sun Morning...

We will be monitoring - 3947 kHz / LSB

Give us a call if you need or want the bonus points for contacting a State EOC...

Chris - K9CLB
Old 06-27-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi

Last night I stayed up late giving multipliers to the Field Dayers. I was still on 20m thinking the band will fold up soon. Out of nowhere, at the end of giving my info to a station in HI., this guy from Belfast Ireland comes booming in off the back of the quad...!!! We qsy'd up 10 and continued our qso. He gave me 5/9 plus report and he was 5/9 as well for most of the qso, then tapered down to 5/7 as the band started to shut down.

Always fun when an unexpected one comes through. That's why even when the bands seem dead, it's a good thing to throw out at least a couple CQs, as you never know who may hear you.

Last edited by AK4Dave; 06-28-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Field Day 2010