Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Install in Maryland/DC area?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install in Maryland/DC area?

Hi. Anyone know of a company that can install a Cobra 75 WX ST into my 2013 JK in the Maryland/DC area? Thought about doing this myself, but I'm such a noob I don't want to f--- anything up. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

It isn't hard to install. Power in ground to body/chassis. Run antenna wire from cb to antenna location mount and enjoy.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by My12redrubi
It isn't hard to install. Power in ground to body/chassis. Run antenna wire from cb to antenna location mount and enjoy.
Ok. You were right. After a few online videos and reading some articles, I did the install myself. I've got a 2013 JK. Cobra 75 WX ST inside passenger side dashboard, hidden under the glove box. Very easy install. Mounted antenna from license plate box, ran antenna cable with license plate holder lamp electrics, then up roll bar, across and down to front passenger side panel. Power cable ran, but not connected yet. I had to order a SWR meter from ebay, hasn't arrived yet. As soon as it's tuned and connected, I'll post some pics.

Thanks for the encouragement to DIY!

Quick Reply: Install in Maryland/DC area?