Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Jeep CB channel?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep CB channel?

So I just finished installing my Midland Cb in my JK. I have one in my XJ as well and I remember constantly being annoyed listening to the Trucker Sesame Street chatter on Channel 19. It's really prefer to be listening to other Jeepers. Do we have an (un)official channel everyone keeps on in general just driving around? I think we should designate a channel for the forum/jeeps we can all be on and just give a shout out when driving or whatever... what's everyone think?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NJ*Spartan
So I just finished installing my Midland Cb in my JK. I have one in my XJ as well and I remember constantly being annoyed listening to the Trucker Sesame Street chatter on Channel 19. It's really prefer to be listening to other Jeepers. Do we have an (un)official channel everyone keeps on in general just driving around? I think we should designate a channel for the forum/jeeps we can all be on and just give a shout out when driving or whatever... what's everyone think?
I'm on 16 every time I'm in the jeep !! Oceanside cal. "Choppers" over n out!!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NJ*Spartan
I like the Idea of this. Our VW club uses CH11 on cruses

??"Pick a Clean channel and promote the chit out of it"" ??

I'm A SJ jeepers no CB installed yet. I have to cut the center console first. But its all There.

Cheers
E-T
Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any Admins wanna chime in on this idea?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Most Jeepers use 4 on trails. 16 (4X4) is the backup if there are two groups out. Most don't turn the radio on around town--they often don't even have the antenna installed (to clear garages). On the highway, 19 just to keep up with road conditions. As far as clear channels, when skip gets going, as it has been the past couple years, there aren't any clear channels.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Most Jeepers use 4 on trails. 16 (4X4) is the backup if there are two groups out.
That makes it easy to remember

Cheers
E-T
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all of our local wheelers and jeep club members go on the channel for the number of the month so you always know what channel everyones on locally..Not sure why we never just picked one number..Guess it keeps some people hopefully off the channels where on?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Mines always on 19 just to keep up with traffic while traveling. Like your idea though! I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread
Old 03-12-2014, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

We normally use Channel 16 on the trail. At least that is what our small group uses.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Bump

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Jeep CB channel?