Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Need a 2M Mobile for Jeep, used?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a 2M Mobile for Jeep, used?

Where would I look or should I go new?

I only need it for emergencies and working CERT with the Sheriff's Office so don't want to spend a bunch.

What about an antenna, dual band CB 2M?

Haven't decided where I am mounting uit yet.

Thanks,
Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DadsCJ
Where would I look or should I go new?

I only need it for emergencies and working CERT with the Sheriff's Office so don't want to spend a bunch.

What about an antenna, dual band CB 2M?

Haven't decided where I am mounting uit yet.

Thanks,
Interesting - I don't have much info to give you , but I looked up dual band CB/VHF and found some antennas that I didn't know existed! I have separate 2M and CB antennas that I swap out on a NMO mount depending on which radio I am running, but this seems like a good option. I wonder how the performance is compared to a dedicated VHF or CB antenna. SWR tuning would be tough I think. Are you going to be running both CB and 2M at the same time?

2M is pretty dead around my part of the world. I wouldn't bother getting a new one. Lots of them on ebay.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BaoFeng UV5R is a very popular 2meter duel band hand held, for $32.00 off Amazon..
As far as a duel band mobile, they are way over priced IMO, and I could not give you any information on those. My favorite mobile is the Icom 2200H, and QTH.com is a very good place to get good used rigs..good luck... as far as antenna's I like the hustler 2meter antennas. But most of them are good.
Mike
W7MCM

Quick Reply: Need a 2M Mobile for Jeep, used?