Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Operation between CB Radio and two way radio?

Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Operation between CB Radio and two way radio?

So... i've come to find out that it is not possible to communicate between a cb-radio (Cobra 19 IV) and my two-way motorola radios (MC220R).... is this just like that?... just plain impossible? or maybe there is a workaround that i haven't found on the internet?

thank you!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
I was wondering the same thing.. but; found that the frequency ranges they use are different it sucks
yeah... it sucks... big time... and more because the guys here always use two way radios when offroading... so... my cb will only be for PA noise...
Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Too bad. I'm there too. Oh well, learning the hard way
Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bingote
So... i've come to find out that it is not possible to communicate between a cb-radio (Cobra 19 IV) and my two-way motorola radios (MC220R).... is this just like that?... just plain impossible? or maybe there is a workaround that i haven't found on the internet?

thank you!
Big frequency difference there....as in many, MANY megahertz. HF (26-27meg) vs UHF (462-467 meg). Plus your CB is AM (amplitude modulation and the motorolas are FM (frequency modulation). No workaround other than complete modification. Meaning essentially build a completely different radio.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave

Big frequency difference there....as in many, MANY megahertz. HF (26-27meg) vs UHF (462-467 meg). Plus your CB is AM (amplitude modulation and the motorolas are FM (frequency modulation). No workaround other than complete modification. Meaning essentially build a completely different radio.
Yep... Already found all that info online... Except for AM and FM. So sad.
But still have a badass PA and the chance to find someday someone with a cb radio (they're not common in my country)
Thanx
Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default I feel ya

I have 4 walkie talkies (FRS) and the CB for when I go out to play I have either or and the extras are for friends who don't have them I want to be prepared. 2 in each door pocket.

Quick Reply: Operation between CB Radio and two way radio?