Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

President Grant

Old 09-08-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default President Grant

I am super Excited about Finding the Grant I had 1 when I WAS younger and it was awesome.
One of the best radio's I ever owned.had a lot of extra's in it as well can't wait to get a freq counter and fix it up right.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hitch Buddy
I am super Excited about Finding the Grant I had 1 when I WAS younger and it was awesome.
One of the best radio's I ever owned.had a lot of extra's in it as well can't wait to get a freq counter and fix it up right.

A frequency counter?...........what do you need a freq counter for? Are you saying it's out of calibration and is running off frequency? As all a frequency counter will do is tell you what frequency you are transmitting on. Or do you just mean, you can't wait to get a "swr meter" to fix it up right?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
A frequency counter?...........what do you need a freq counter for? Are you saying it's out of calibration and is running off frequency? As all a frequency counter will do is tell you what frequency you are transmitting on. Or do you just mean, you can't wait to get a "swr meter" to fix it up right?
nope..... Freq counter to put in some new freqs...I put in up to 27.805 in my last one
Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi

nope..... Freq counter to put in some new freqs...I put in up to 27.805 in my last one
oh....well you didn't say you had a "modded" Grant.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
oh....well you didn't say you had a "modded" Grant.
I don't but I will Did my first one when I WAS 16......Whoot !!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I am super Excited about Finding the Grant I had 1 when I WAS younger and it was awesome. ...
I thought you'd found a $50 bill laying around and you were now going to buy a CB installation. I've been out of ham radio too long ... (nee WB6MPD).
Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I thought you'd found a $50 bill laying around and you were now going to buy a CB installation. I've been out of ham radio too long ... (nee WB6MPD).
I peked that sucker out to 20 watts and had 16 channels below one and 40 above 40 Thing was awesome.

Quick Reply: President Grant