Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Quick question for the CB experts...

Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quick question for the CB experts...

At the trailhead today doing a radio check with my buddy. He could hear me fine when I transmitted but when he transmitted even with my squelch all the way down I could only hear a slight pitch change in the static while he held the button.

Is the problem my radio or his? I ask because I just moved my antenna and am pretty sure I gave it a good ground but this has me wondering. If I had a bad antenna ground he wouldn't hear me transmit, right? (Isn't the antenna ground for transmission, not reception?)

Last edited by Biginboca; 02-28-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Too Little Data

We really need more data than you have provided to make an analysis. Based on the data you have provided, I would say it is most likely his radio. That being said I suggest that you contact another JK'er with a CB and test your radio again, this time from about 100 yards apart.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's easier to receive then transmit.
your antenna doesn't need to be fully tuned to receive.
that's my experience anyhow both with CB and HAM radio setups.
It sounds more like his setup then yours.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok great, thanks guys. I'm going to Double check my radio again this weekend I have another trail ride coming up.

Based on your answers I'm not going to tinker with my radio beforehand because I'm pretty sure it was his issue not mine.

Quick Reply: Quick question for the CB experts...