Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

radioshack Model: TRC-241 handheld cb

Old 06-08-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radioshack Model: TRC-241 handheld cb

Has anyone ever used the TRC-241. I was in Radio shack yesterday looking at the cb's. The guy in the store recomended this. He said the sound is good and being in a jeep I would not need to hard wire anything. Any thoughts.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you use it with an external antenna? That will make the biggest difference in your ability to get a signal out when you need to. I'm sure it will work fine for trail rides talking to the pack. But if you're looking at CB for a safety factor, you need to be able to use an external antenna that will put out the strongest signal. The small antennas on handhelds are very inefficient and lossy.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this model and it works great on the trails. The sound is pretty good too. I have had no problems what so ever. Although, the reason I got it was because I didn't have time to install a stationary one. As far safety goes, I try not to go out by myself too much. If you come up to the OC meet and greet you can try it out.

Quick Reply: radioshack Model: TRC-241 handheld cb