Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

? For Those of You with Gate Mounted Antennas

Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
teraflex mount for the win.
i have en extra one un opened (accidently ordered 2)
PM me if you want it $20 and whatever shipping costs and its yours.
hXXp://www.oconeeoffroad.com/servlet/the-8867/CB-Antenna-Mount-by/Detail
I actually ended up mounting the one my buddy had to the RR carrier so I'm good to go. Thanks for the offer though!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the gatemount on a 2012 jk. the space between the tire and antenna is so tight the tire presses against the antenna. i couldnt even get a quick disconnect on as the antenna is pressured against the tire and wont go straight down... not sure if the 2012 back is slightly tighter between the tire and antenna but both the 3ft firestik and 4ft hit against it.

the 4ft is slightly thinner and is easier to screw in and out than the thicker 3ft. both wont allow the use of a quick disconnect.

like i said in an earlier post the 2-meter firestik is useless with the gatemount as the pressing of the tire wont allow it to be tuned.

i got it down to 1.7 ,put the spare back on (stock 18") and swr shot back up to 5+.

Quick Reply: ? For Those of You with Gate Mounted Antennas