Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Uniden Pro 510XL CB

Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uniden Pro 510XL CB

I know this is a popular CB with many on this forum. I bought the Midland 1001Z a short time ago and it has gone whacky on me. The speaker cuts out and the channel changes all on its own. It would cost more to ship it away for repair than its worth so I decided to buy a Uniden Pro510XL as a replacement.

If anyone is using one, how well do they work, and have you had any problems?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I have one that has been going strong for 4+ years now and it's in it's 3rd Jeep. I added a Uniden noise cancelling mic and an external speaker for top down highway driving and it works great. I would recommend it, or the 520XL, whihc is basically the same except with an automatic noise limiter switch and the PA speaker output if you want that as well.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Good to know. Thanks for the reply. I'm a little disappointed in the Midland. I really liked it at first but it starting acting wierd after only a few days. I think the PLL circuit is bad because it changes channels on its own.

I'm hoping the Uniden is a better quality.

Quick Reply: Uniden Pro 510XL CB