Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Where to mount antenna with slanted tire carrier?

Old 02-02-2015, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount antenna with slanted tire carrier?

I have a slanted tire carrier that follows the contour of my Treetop. It was custom built so I cannot ask the person that made it (since it was me). I've been thinking about putting a CB in my rig but I'm not sure where to mount the antenna. I'm curious where y'all think the best place to put it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1053.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	595014

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	595015
Old 02-02-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cooltech makes a nice, complete CB kit especially for the JK that includes everything you need.

I have seen posts before that say the ideal location for the antenna is on top of the front fender just under the hood (above the Trail Rated badge)
Old 02-03-2015, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would weld on a mount for an antenna near the bottom of the swing arm. It looks like it would have enough clearance there. If you’re not going to be parking in parking garages or your home garage often, go for a 4 or 5 foot antenna. If not, a 3ft antenna should be sufficient for trail use.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mounting it to the swing arm like mentioned above was my first thought, but then that doesn't leave you with much option if you wanted to add another accessory later like maybe a rotopax or highlift. I'd probably just mount a 4' or 5' antenna to the rear bumper on either side. If you mount it to the passenger side just make sure there's clearance when swinging open the tire carrier.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:23 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Cooltech makes a nice, complete CB kit especially for the JK that includes everything you need.

I have seen posts before that say the ideal location for the antenna is on top of the front fender just under the hood (above the Trail Rated badge)
That's where I have mine mounted. Same side as radio antenna but about a foot+ forward from it. I'll snap some pics tomorrow if I can remember.

*** here you go... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-c...ntenna-316894/

Last edited by DJ1; 02-04-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to mount antenna with slanted tire carrier?