Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

***esp dealer flash program?***

Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***esp dealer flash program?***

So I just had the dealer do the flash program to my 07 jk. Ihave the instructions on how to disable the ESP, but once I do the first half turn I hear the chime and my odometer reads "ESP OFF" , when I turn the wheel to the other side and hold it and press the esp button nothing happens. ...................Anybody have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong???
Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

I've already a current thread on this...mine's doing the same and is an 08...might try Hitmoney's sequence instead of the manual's one.

Located about halfway down here

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...d=1#post599964
Old 07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cslack19
So I just had the dealer do the flash program to my 07 jk. Ihave the instructions on how to disable the ESP, but once I do the first half turn I hear the chime and my odometer reads "ESP OFF" , when I turn the wheel to the other side and hold it and press the esp button nothing happens. ...................Anybody have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong???
You're probably not doing anything wrong, the software just doesn't work! Jeep has supposable been working on this since just after the TSB was first issued, Jan 08. Looks to me like they have given up on ever making it work, but we will see.

Bob

Quick Reply: ***esp dealer flash program?***