Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

[Help] Adding OEM Powered Locks/ Powered Windows/ Keyless Entry/ Auto Start to a 2007

Old 06-20-2021, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [Help] Adding OEM Powered Locks/ Powered Windows/ Keyless Entry/ Auto Start to a 2007

Okay. So I have spent the last week going through 30+ forums and online videos and failed to find a comprehensive discussion or installation instructions on how to add OEM Powered Locks/ Powered Windows/ Keyless Entry/ Auto Start to a 2007-2010 JK Wrangler. After collecting all the information, I have made a comprehensive list of all the parts mechanical/electrical/trim (I think) you will need to complete this project so that someone would never be able to tell that it was installed aftermarket.

Before we jump in, I have no idea if you will need to go to the dealership to reprogram the computer to allow for the following features (keyless entry, auto locks, powered windows) in your vehicle. However, I know that for the AutoStart feature, you will need to go in and have the dealer to activate the functionality. I have never taken on an electrical challenge such as this before, so if there is anything that you know is wrong, please tell me!

My goal was to add all these features as if they were installed from the factory from day one. That saying, I do not want to splice/cut/solder/drill any holes while completing this project. To accomplish this, I need all the parts and electrical connections in a JK with these already installed features. If you see the list below, I think I have compiled a decent list with all the components needed to do such a conversion. I am relatively sure that all the mechanical parts are correct. After talking to a couple of dealership technicians were we able to cross-reference 2010 JK's with manual locks/windows and automatic locks/windows. Going through all the variants of wiring harnesses for the dash, frame, and chassis we were able to find only one part variated between models which was 68048036AE- Instrument Panel Wiring.

I have not ordered any of these parts yet, but if I get enough feedback and guidance from the community to take on this project, I will make a comprehensive video on how to do this! Thank You, Everyone!

Passenger (Left) Side Door:
68005005AC - Front left Door Wiring
4589277AL - Front Door Latch, Left
68014953AA - Window Regulator Motor, Left
68014949AA - Front Door Window Regulator, Left
68014939AA - Carrier Plate Panel, Left
4602678AB - Door Lock Switch
68005005AC- Front Door Wiring, Left
5KU51ZJ8AD or 5KU51XDVAD - Front Door Trim Panel, Left

Dash Middle Panel:
4602675AA - Power Window Switch
5KU01XDVAA - Instrument Panel Bezel

Driver (Right) Side Door:
4589276AL - Front Door Latch, Right
68014952AA -Window Regulator Motor, Right
68014948AA - Front Door Window Regulator, Right
68014938AA - Carrier Plate Panel, Right
4602678AB - Door Lock Switch
56051707AF - Front Door Wiring, Right
5KU50ZJ8AD or 5KU50XDVAD - Front Door Trim Panel, Left

Tail Gate:
4589584AG - Swing Gate Latch

LINK TO DOOR DIAGRAMS - https://www.directmoparparts.com/v-2...ts--front-door
LINK TO SWITCH DIAGRAM - https://www.directmoparparts.com/v-2...ical--switches
LINK TO INSTRUMENT PANEL: https://www.directmoparparts.com/v-2...strument-panel

Keyless Entry:
68039414AD- Blank With Transmitter Key
68209837AA - Control Module Receiver
5026431AC - Keyless Entry Antenna

LINK TO KEYLESS ENTRY DIAGRAMS: https://www.directmoparparts.com/v-2...ne-controllers

Remote Start Kit:
82212517AD – Remote Start Kit (Discontinued)
05026211AA - SWITCH. Remote Starter, Underhood
05026202AC - BRACKET. Hood Switch
05026431AE - ANTENNA. KEYLESS ENTRY
68209969AA- Keyless Entry Receiver
06104368AA - SCREW
06508601AA – U-NUT

LINK TO REMOTE START INSTALLATION:http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82211437AC.pdf
LINK TO REMOTE START DIAGRAMS: https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/...duct=6854924#1

After talking with several dealership technician's they all stated they discontinued the kit due to issues of it not working after the installation.
After that information, I have opted to get an aftermarket remote start kit, which still uses the factory key fob but starts the engine after 3x lock key presses.

LINK TO AFTERMARKET AUTOSTART: https://www.jeepfederation.com/remot...gler-2007-2017

Dash Wiring Harness:
68048036AE- Instrument Panel Wiring

LINK TO WIRING HARNESS DIAGRAMS:https://www.directmoparparts.com/v-2...nd-accessories

Last edited by ninopolletta; 06-22-2021 at 09:16 PM. Reason: new information from dealer
Old 06-21-2021, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You have done a TON of work already, but this seems like a huge project. The biggest stumbling block I would be concerned about would be the CANN bus which connects and controls everything from the engine/vehicle sensors to wipers to radio. Even as an aviation electrician, it took me multiple evenings to chase down a cann bus issue after a complete, down to the speaker wiring, sound system change in my 2011 with the infinity stock sound system upgrade.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an excellent point. See I thought the same thing also when I installed cruise control. All the part is is a wire and the actual cruise control lever. I was looking at the diagrams and youtube videos and saw there was a plug behind the staring wheel the was vacant. I was like, "why the hell would they leave an exposes plug behind the steering wheel for cruise control and not just remove it." I was like there is no way I am just going to plug in this connector then have this feature added to my car. There was a plug available in the steering wheel that was not being used, so I just plugged in the cruise control wiring and it just started to work. Then it hit me its just makes sense from a logistical and manufacturing point of view. See I'm trying to take it from the manufacturing/design engineers' point of view. In design and manufacturing, you want to have the least amount of parts as possible to cut down on the cost and complexity of a product. It's just cheaper in the grand scheme of things (manufacturing instructions, part orders, warranty, troubleshooting, etc) to make a masterpiece that can control all the possible features than create specific pieces to control only certain features.

For Example. Say you create a product that can have X, Y, Z features that are available for installation decided by the customer, but all the features could be controlled by computer A, no matter what combination or selection that is made by the customer. Why in God's name would you make 3X more SKU/parts to control only each feature instead of just making one master computer that could control them all. Why would you make a complex matrix of parts such as computer A can only control feature X, but then if you would need to install computer B to control feature Y, but only computer C can control feature Z, etc.

After all my research I have noticed that there are no variants in part numbers for any computer/control components for rubicon, sharia, or sport. They all have the same computer module, fuse boxes, and number pinned connections, there is no difference. The only difference is the wiring harnesses throughout the car for the following features.1. manual and automatic transmission 2.powered locks/windows and manual locks/windows 3. 7 speakers set up and 8 speakers alpine setup (where I think you ran into the issue).

All the fuse boxes and pin diagrams for each JK model are the same, just some use more pins compared to others due to the additional features that came with the car from the factory.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

After stereo installation I was getting a "Lost comm with radio" OBD code and my wipers would not turn off when I turned on ignition. The troubleshooting I found was laughable! It said there was either an open in the (+) circuit, short in the (+) circuit, open in the (-) circuit or a short to positive in the (-) circuit!!!

How the heck is that supposed to be helpful??? It is literally the only four possible conditions,(as far as wiring goes) Loose but not disconnected connection to steering wheel control module adapter wound up being the culprit.

Last edited by CJ's JK; 06-23-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Quick Reply: [Help] Adding OEM Powered Locks/ Powered Windows/ Keyless Entry/ Auto Start to a 2007