Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

08 Manual Trans Mygig DVD Play

Old 04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker92
I have an '08 Unlimited Rubicon, Manual Trans. I just got the "DVD with e-brake" fixed from the dealer on Fri. afternoon.

They have a computer (not really a computer in the sense that most people are thinking of, but for lack of a better term) that connects to the port under the left driverside dash.

He was trying to charge me $50 bucks to unlock the DVD so it will play while driving. I told him that you can't do it from his 'computer'. He promised up and down that he could.

I told him if he could do it, I would give him $100 (I knew he couldn't).

He tried and a long message came up on his 'computer' saying all the resons why he couldn't.

I knew it.
It SHOULD fix it if they flash it with that TSB.
IT ALSO IS UNDER WARRANTY.
They better not charge you for it. If they do, call Chrysler and throw a FIT.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Default SDJK-you're my hero!

'bout flippin time they fixed this. thanx SDJK for posting. calling dealer in the AM
charge me $50, tell them to put it on my tab
Old 04-15-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default DVD Play

I posted this because as everybody knows alot of the dealerships/service writers don't know shit! I took mine in 3 months ago and have been waiting for the flash from DC,a service guy that works at Jeep saw it had come out and posted it here and just as I was going to call my service guy, He called me. They should not charge you anything for this.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Default uh oh...

Sheeeeeeeeeet! just called my dealership and my jeep guy in the service dept NO LONGER WORKS THERE! now i know what you other guys are talking about when you say "these guys don't know jack!" i'm better off letting my 5 year old work on my JK then this guy not ever hearing of such a service bulletin.
any suggestions? should i take it in with the svc bulletin number or find another dealership after 6 years?
SDJK-i was just kidding about giving them any money. never ever for something that's within warranty
Old 04-15-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hscrugby
It SHOULD fix it if they flash it with that TSB.
IT ALSO IS UNDER WARRANTY.
They better not charge you for it. If they do, call Chrysler and throw a FIT.
Again, he unlocked the ability to watch DVD's while in park for free. He was TRYING to charge me to unlock the ability to be able to watch DVD's while in motion.

Based on previous posts in here, I knew that he wasn't going to be able to do that with the Starscan (<-- is that right?) tool.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joker92
Again, he unlocked the ability to watch DVD's while in park for free. He was TRYING to charge me to unlock the ability to be able to watch DVD's while in motion.

Based on previous posts in here, I knew that he wasn't going to be able to do that with the Starscan (<-- is that right?) tool.
So i got a question for you.
(Mine's a bit different, so I can't test on my own.)
If you just engage the parking brake enough to pop the light, but not enough to engage, would the video work?
If so, a "free" lockpick would just be a relay to say the parking brake is on. Yea, you'd have the brake light on your dash, but so? Just wire a switch down by the parking brake?

Just curious.

Edit. Wait, you said "in park" I thought you had a manual?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hscrugby
So i got a question for you.
(Mine's a bit different, so I can't test on my own.)
If you just engage the parking brake enough to pop the light, but not enough to engage, would the video work?
If so, a "free" lockpick would just be a relay to say the parking brake is on. Yea, you'd have the brake light on your dash, but so? Just wire a switch down by the parking brake?

Just curious.

Edit. Wait, you said "in park" I thought you had a manual?
Sorry. I am mixing terms. I have a manual and I meant "with the parking break on".

From what I have read on this site it is more difficult than it sounds but I don't have specifics.

Regardless, I was planning on getting a LockPick for other functionality such as the rear camera and full GPS functions as well as the "Moving DVD", so I'm not going to mess with the e-brake.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default DVD picture

No,the picture will go off as soon as you start rolling-it 's also hooked to the speed sensor. You will have to buy the lockpick if you want DVD picture in motion.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have already been using it.

Ran some errands with the girlfriend over the weekend.

No honey, I'll just wait in the car and watch The Chronicles of Riddick.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

so it's a quick procedure?

Quick Reply: 08 Manual Trans Mygig DVD Play