Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

09 JK auto window up???

Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 JK auto window up???

Alot of cars have the auto widow up feature. The JK's just have auto down, and a manual up. Is their anyway to get the auto up feature?? replace the switch?? It seems like this should be a simple mod but I'm not sure how to get started on this one.

Thanks for any help
Old 09-22-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

I wonder if it's somesort of safety regulation... Like someone got their head stuck in a window that was "auto-rolling" up lol
Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Wartoy
I wonder if it's somesort of safety regulation... Like someone got their head stuck in a window that was "auto-rolling" up lol
That's exactly what happened and is why most car manufacturers have started to eliminate this feature.

I like to think of it as Darwinism at it's finest but unfortunately the car manufacturer's have to pay lawsuit money to these dumb azzes.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

all regulations aside, anyone know how to get around this, rewire it, or replace the switch? I would love to only have to tap up to get my windows to go up as easily as they do down. Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure you could find it for the wrangler. It requires a different switch, plus relay that I know of. My wife's 08 liberty has the auto up feature and it broke. The warranty replaced switch panel, and relay to resolve. They are completely different window switches, with an extra click when pulling upward for auto up. The older liberty's are like the wrangler's center stack switches, but not sure if they had the auto up feature.

Originally Posted by goodhomer1
all regulations aside, anyone know how to get around this, rewire it, or replace the switch? I would love to only have to tap up to get my windows to go up as easily as they do down. Thanks

Quick Reply: 09 JK auto window up???