Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

11 4dr dome lights do not work

Old 04-30-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11 4dr dome lights do not work

I recently bought an 11 4dr and when you open any of the doors and tailgate the dome lights do not come on. If you push the individual buttons they come on fine so lights work.

When you manually turn them on with the turn signal stalk they do not come on in any position. I very mechanically inclined but want to know more about how these are controlled. I realize the switches are in the door lock actuators and that the connectors work because windows and door locks work fine so its a control issue with the dome light somewhere The question is what controls the dome light, the PCM, body control module etc.

The truck jsut went out of warranty so its gonna be $150 for me to take it in which I am not opposed to but if I can get more info I know I can figure it out. I am an technical trainer for another manufacturer (probably figure it out by my handle name) so I can do just about anything but don't want to rip and tear to figure it out. Jsut looking for more info, maybe a wiring schematic if possible

Anything to help me would be great
Thanks
Keith
Old 05-06-2014, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

subscribed...because I have the same problem. My 2011 dome lights quit working after a battery switch. They only come on if you push the button.

Last edited by Oldratt; 05-06-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Still having the same problem.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in the exact same situation, except my lights will flicker occasionally when driving and will even come on when parked and doors are all closed and locked.
Any info would be great, even the wiring schematic for the domes would help.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-02-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone ever find a solution for OP's problem?
Old 10-22-2016, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody figure this one out yet?
Old 10-29-2016, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Mine was caused by the speedo. There is a body computer in there that controls the lights that was damaged during a battery change. Only fix is to replace the entire unit.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fpmech
Mine was caused by the speedo. There is a body computer in there that controls the lights that was damaged during a battery change. Only fix is to replace the entire unit.

that is kind of sad that simply changin a battery is enough to break things now days. i liked it better when it was all just fuses and relays and the only computer was the ecu for the engine.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

I remember the really good old days when there were no computers, all I did was carry a spare set of points and I was good to go!

Quick Reply: 11 4dr dome lights do not work