Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

12v Outlet Rear Speakerbox in JK

Old 09-15-2017, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12v Outlet Rear Speakerbox in JK

Ok,
Wanted to see if I could get some guidance. Recently had a buddy give me the OEM Speaker Box that attaches in the rear. has the 12v plug, I attached the harness for the speaker. I have no power at the rear plug. Anyone know where I can look to see about getting that hooked up? I don't have a clue where to look at the other end of the harness.

ALSO - is there a way to keep the 12v plug in the dash HOT all the time? Thanks
Old 09-15-2017, 02:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Look for a wire harness under the carpet over the right rear wheel well. There may be one there for the rear outlet. Probably not though, as the JKs I have seen that came from the factory with no rear outlet did not have the harness for it.

Regarding making the front outlet hot all the time...you can switch wires with the one in the console, or just tap into the wire for the one in the console.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

You didn't say what year your rig is? Mine's a 2011, and here is what the back of the 12VDC outlet looks like behind the speaker box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	back of 12vdc socket SM.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	674932

Quick Reply: 12v Outlet Rear Speakerbox in JK