Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2008 Half doors with power locks wiring help

Old 03-27-2018, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Half doors with power locks wiring help

I am installing Mopar half front and rear doors. I followed the wiring they have in the instructions. It said to swap the 2 pin connector for the 6 pin in the rear and 10 pin in the front. The rear they said that pins 1 and 6 and the fronts pin 7 and 8. Tried that and I get no lock or unlock. The tailgate locks fine since I didn’t mess with that. After checking the jeep side harness I figured out which wires are lock and unlock. Moved the door side to those pins and now I blow the fuse every time. So the instructions say one way and it doesn’t work. I figure which wires are the actual lock and unlock and those blow a fuse. I tried one door at a time and it blows no matter what. Tried reversing the wires and it does not matter. So has anyone use the factory Mopar half door wiring and gotten it to work? Or anyone with any knowledge on the wiring would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Door locks are normally a reverse polarity system (meaning to lock, wire A is positive and wire B is negative... to unlock, wire A is neg and wire B is pos)... what happens if you test the doors themselves? So the two wires that run the lock actuator in the door... apply pos to one and neg to the other and see what happens... just in case the wires in the door aren't matching your instructions.

Quick Reply: 2008 Half doors with power locks wiring help