Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2008 Integrated Fog Light Conversion?

Old 03-26-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2008 Integrated Fog Light Conversion?

Hello,

I am thinking about an aftermarket winch bumper. Some of the ones I like don't have a provision for the factory fog lights. My thought is to discard the factory fog lights and buy some aftermarket fog lights that mount on top of the bumper. I would also want to use the existing factory wiring and switch on the turn signal stalk. I am not familiar with the limitations of the existing fog light circuit. Can anyone give me some insight on this?

Thanks,
Fife
Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

factory wiring won't work with aftermarket fog lights something to do with the wattage, best to find a bumper that accepts the factory fogs
Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fife
Hello,

I am thinking about an aftermarket winch bumper. Some of the ones I like don't have a provision for the factory fog lights. My thought is to discard the factory fog lights and buy some aftermarket fog lights that mount on top of the bumper. I would also want to use the existing factory wiring and switch on the turn signal stalk. I am not familiar with the limitations of the existing fog light circuit. Can anyone give me some insight on this?

Thanks,
Fife
Try This.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...1-light-wiring

Quick Reply: 2008 Integrated Fog Light Conversion?