Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 missing amp and wiring problem!!

Old 07-29-2019, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 missing amp and wiring problem!!

The good news ... became a 1st time JK owner a couple weeks ago. Used 2015 Rubicon unlimited. Thanks for letting me join the club!

The less good news... bought this from a dealer from the country who had purchased it from a friend/neighbor as a favor to sell. The prior owner did not seem to take much pride in ownership from my detailed inspections.

The bad news.... as I attempt to plan for a stereo upgrade (has the premium Alpine system with sub), I discover lots of plugs disconnected (power inverter, Uconnect system) for starters then discover the factory amp is missing altogether!!!! and then I find the wring harness to the amp has been butchered. Who knows why? However, I am missing an entire plug (see pic) and the other has several wires cut (see other pic).

Question - I can probably splice the cut wires on the one plug but the completely missing one... any ideas how find the right match? I guess I could get an entire new wiring harness for $$$$ but maybe I should just get an aftermarket amp setup? I want to use the Alpine sub I have but I think its fairly proprietary (1.3 ohm) so Im not sure a mono amp would work, even if I could sort out the wires. Thoughts? Help? Bueller

Missing connector (saw this from a youtube install to a factory amp.)

Hack job

hack job, different view

Quick Reply: 2015 missing amp and wiring problem!!