Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430N backup camera

Old 03-04-2016, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by navtool.com
hi please PM to get an order form, sorry for late reply
Why say PM me yet not except PMs? Has anyone ordered a navtool? How long does it take to get?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dancemf

Why say PM me yet not except PMs? Has anyone ordered a navtool? How long does it take to get?
I ordered one on a Friday, received it the following Wednesday. It was $175 shipped.

I'll try and forward you the PM I got from them.

After ordering, the only communication I received was an email with the tracking information.

Last edited by Oso Blanco; 03-04-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an old thread they arent doing the $175 anymore i think that was in jan.

Still gonna try and get jeep to do it before i order.

Last edited by dancemf; 03-04-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the lockpic and love it. It took less then 15 minutes to install. Also check out for a hitch camera. $60 shipped and it is great. I just bought a grommet and brought the right up behind the right side panel. Install for the camera took about 2-3 hours.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Have a question about power for the camera. Plan to use the passenger side backup light. No experience with wiring.... I'd like to not touch the jeeps harness at all. Would it be ok to splice into the wires on the tail light assembly itself? The connector for the backup bulb has three wires...white and 2 black...camera has a red and black. Is it ok to go red to white and black from the camera to on of the blacks from the backup light connector? If so, I'd like to do that using a waterproof plug so that the tail light assy is still removable. I know it's not the most simple way...but would be zero tinkering with the jeeps wiring and if the tail light assy got screwed up its cheap to replace.

Thoughts?
Old 06-03-2016, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Just a thought for you. I spliced into the running lights at the taillight rather than the backup lights and now have a rear view camera whenever I turn on either the parking or headlights. I turn off the monitor at night if it bugs me, but usually keep it on. I keep my Jeep loaded with camping gear so it's hard to see out the back.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Dave. Not a bad idea but I have the factory 730 radio. I think powering the camera only when in reverse is the way I want to go.

Thanks,

Bobby
Old 06-04-2016, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

The wires you plan to tap into will work for your needs. If using the Gino, make sure it works before you get it all mounted. I had to buy 3 to get one that worked.

A few months later I bought another because I broke the wire removing the bumper and the field of view was totally different. Such an inconsistent product.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks! So...red from camera to white on backup bulb connector, then black from camera to one of the black wires on the backup bulb connector. Should it matter which one of the black wires on the backup bulb connector?
Old 06-04-2016, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

I would need to pull the rear light from mine to be sure but I'm pretty sure the white is the correct wire for the red wire. Not sure which black is correct but think both would be fine. Best way to be certain is to use or borrow a multimeter and check.

Quick Reply: 430N backup camera