Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430N bluetooth not connecting to Blackberry Z30, any ideas?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:33 AM
BJT
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 430N bluetooth not connecting to Blackberry Z30, any ideas?

Hi all, I've got a new 2014 JKU with the 430N and connectivity, also just upgraded to a new Blackberry Z30 on the Bell network and I thought all would be good with everything new, um, no, apparently I was wrong, nothing connects. I've updated everything I can with the latest patches and it still doesn't work. The 430N just tells me that there is no phone, "pairing failed", my Backberry just looks at me blankly since it doesn't even see the Jeep "car? what car?". It all works with my wife's older Blackberry and my son's Android phone, I think that I'm just cursed. Customer support for both companies just shrug, (I can even hear their shoulders doing that when I can them). Right now I'm using one of those hang on your visor things for the hands free and I forget to turn it on, or off and then the battery is dead, there has to be a better solution. Any ideas? Has anyone got this combination to work and what Voodoo did you have to do to get it to do what its suppose to do? (that's a lot of dodos)
Old 09-15-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BJT
Hi all, I've got a new 2014 JKU with the 430N and connectivity, also just upgraded to a new Blackberry Z30 on the Bell network and I thought all would be good with everything new, um, no, apparently I was wrong, nothing connects. I've updated everything I can with the latest patches and it still doesn't work. The 430N just tells me that there is no phone, "pairing failed", my Backberry just looks at me blankly since it doesn't even see the Jeep "car? what car?". It all works with my wife's older Blackberry and my son's Android phone, I think that I'm just cursed. Customer support for both companies just shrug, (I can even hear their shoulders doing that when I can them). Right now I'm using one of those hang on your visor things for the hands free and I forget to turn it on, or off and then the battery is dead, there has to be a better solution. Any ideas? Has anyone got this combination to work and what Voodoo did you have to do to get it to do what its suppose to do? (that's a lot of dodos)
Well...I will give you the advice I know works, so don't get angry. Simply upgrade you phone as soon as you can. I use the iPhone and I have no problems whatsoever.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 AM
BJT
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Macman1138
Well...I will give you the advice I know works, so don't get angry. Simply upgrade you phone as soon as you can. I use the iPhone and I have no problems whatsoever.
but I like my blackberry way more than that *%$@* 430N, its on the hit list first if it comes to that. I have to admit that I thought about an I-phone before I got the new Z30, but I have ridiculed everything "I" too much in the past to be able to go over the darkside now, lol. I did try to help my father-in-law to learn his I-pad and I thought my head would explode, I was told that these things were so easy to use but I sure didn't find that the "I" stood for intuitive, I am sticking with the blackberry. Thanks for your input and why would I get angry for a valid suggestion?

Quick Reply: 430N bluetooth not connecting to Blackberry Z30, any ideas?