Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

50" led bar lens replacement?

Old 05-31-2015, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50" led bar lens replacement?

hi guys i have a cheap 50" CURVED led bar that I absolutely love, but after a few weeks i started to notice condensation building up inside. my cousin warned me about this, and he reccomended that i take it upon myself to "reseal" the lens (which he said would be easy). i did so a while back, but i sloppily got sealant all over the lens and i didnt want it to look as sloppy as it did so i attempted to get the crap off with some goof off which only made the lens hazy. i am abandoning that lens all together and searching for a new one to put in and all i've come up with is having to buy a giant sheet of plexiglass and have it cut at lowes which is unnecessarily expensive. does anyone know of a better way or somewhere i can buy another lens?

thanks!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend going to a local sign fab company and asking if they have any clear scrap big enough that u could have. Then get it cut to size. I used to work at a sign company and they usually have something laying around....

Quick Reply: 50" led bar lens replacement?