Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

50" Light Bar Mount Suggestions

Old 12-21-2017, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50" Light Bar Mount Suggestions

I have a 50" light bar hanging out in my living room, so I need a mount for the A-pillar/windshield on my 2008 JK. Preferably one that hides the wiring under the mount. Trying to keep it under $100. What mount suggestions do you have? I have seen the ones with a light bar and pod mounts, but I will not be mounting pods on the front.

In the meantime, I'd like to do a quick test to make sure this light bar works too. How can I do that?

We are beginner off-roaders, so thanks in advance!
Old 12-21-2017, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

You could spend as much as $200+ for Rigid brackets, or as little as $35 for some Chinese brackets off eBay, and to be honest, I've had some of those $35 brackets and they were perfectly fine....better than most. Does your light have a thick wire loom? Typically you just have a pig tail from the light, and then use a lighter gauge wire to run it under the brackets and to whatever switch you're using. I'm not a fan of light bars. I only used mine for a couple wheelin' trips cuz I got it so cheap. A lot of people around DFW like to run em, and what I notice is many brackets out there hold the light too high IMO. They look dumb if too high, and my belief is it also causes most noise issues. The cheap set I had held the bar no higher than the roof line really. I never had buffeting or noise issues, and it looked much more normal....or as normal as a 50" gonna look if you ask me. Problem with eBay is purchases are hit and miss.

Unless you're just in love with that look, I'd sell the light you have hanging around and invest in some quality pods.....a set for bumper, and a set for the a-pillar. You can aim them and they are more functional/practical IMO. If you do ad brackets for that 50", be careful with the bolts that mount it to the windshield. After adding the additional thickness of the brackets, sometimes it's hard to get those bolts to catch the threads again. If you jack up one of the nuts inside the windshield, it becomes a major headache.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion! I got this light bar for decently cheap to try it out. And I'll be installing two pods in the back bumper once I get the bumper build kit. We're trying this out to see how we like it, because last season we had only headlights so this will be an improvement either way!

Quick Reply: 50" Light Bar Mount Suggestions