Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

7" Cibie+wiring harness = H4 bulbs burning quickly?

Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The factory bulbs are H13 (versus the H4 bulbs you will be installing with the new kit). The factory H13 female connector is in fact the connector going to the passenger side head light. I taped up the one of my driver's side and then left it dangle.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the speedy replies -- makes more sense now.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a tidbit here,, I have the same wire kit and fast h4 failure with any/all bulbs so far,, What I have found is a sticking low beam relay. It would keep the lows on when I hit High beams,, overheating the bulbs. The headlights would stay on when the key was off on occasion and I thought I turned the key quicker.. like they are supposed to.. but then noticed if I didn't get out they stayed on for 15 minutes sometimes.. get out and slam the door closed, right out. would shake the relay enough to go off.. But I am getting the narva 100/90's to try..

Quick Reply: 7" Cibie+wiring harness = H4 bulbs burning quickly?