Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

750W Hardwired Power Inverter (pictures)

Old 10-22-2010, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I could help. BTW, welcome to the forum!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucid
There is a picture of the 60A fuse in the web album. There is an additional fuse attached directly to the unit.

I have run electronics chargers of all types on this unit. I carry an extension cord with three outlets when I camp for hooking up lighting. It works well... The fan is kinda loud though. I suppose there's really no way around that.
If the unit has a fuse built into the primary side ( battery side ), then your cool. All the other protection that you described is for the secondary side. The secondary protection will protect the thing that you plug in. And will protect the unit it's self. The primary fuse is to protec your jeep. Just in case there is a problem with the unit.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigJeschke
Check out this system from one of the sponsors, Benchmark Designs. The stage two kit will isolate a second battery to run auxilary loads when your engine is off. It will charge both batteries when the engine is running. http://www.benchmarkdesigns.com/inde...products_id=86
Thanks for the link!

I can help answer any questions for people wondering about dual battery systems in there JK.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I can get the time I'll take pictures but I run an 800W for in the cab and 2k for anything out of the vehicle.

800W is used for things like laptops, mini TV, game systems, and other stuff that can't hook up to a power point.

2,000W if for things like work lights, electric tools, portable heater, portable fan, and so on for things you can use when away from a power source. I use the 2k mainly for rescue work and or road repairs in the night or something similar.

*edit* I have to keep mine disconnected until I use them, otherwise the capacitors hold a charge that back feeds into my system and the accesories that normally turn off when I open the doors don't, any help is appreciated on that.
I think this falls in with this topic so I don't "think" this is a hijack.

Last edited by Rubican; 10-22-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

edit* I have to keep mine disconnected until I use them, otherwise the capacitors hold a charge that back feeds into my system and the accesories that normally turn off when I open the doors don't, any help is appreciated on that.
I think this falls in with this topic so I don't "think" this is a hijack.
Well diodes will prevent feedback. Not sure of what size would be required. You could set up a relay. Then you just simply turn the system on when you need it. I would think that this would be prefered anyway?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Well diodes will prevent feedback. Not sure of what size would be required. You could set up a relay. Then you just simply turn the system on when you need it. I would think that this would be prefered anyway?
You know it would be awesome if I just ran it to a dash switch, need power flip the switch, other wise it's off and nothing to worry about. Thanks for the idea.

Quick Reply: 750W Hardwired Power Inverter (pictures)