Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

abs light randomly flashing with friends

Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default abs light randomly flashing with friends

ok, this just started tonight on a long drive to fredrick. now it is raining like cats and dogs, which i think is the reason for this, but the problem is, my ABS light, the ESP light and the car with the swiggly lines under it are all coming on at once, i get a single "DING" and they stay on for a few miles and then go out. then after a few more miles, they do it again. now, the jeep still has power, its not trying to stall or anything, and the automatic transmission is shifting fine. it also still starts with no hiesitation.

now another thing its doing, and i think is only due to the first problem is, the cruise control will suddenly cut off. no warning or anything, its just all of a sudden its no longer on. the first time i did it, i thought the jeep was loosing power, but then noticed the "cruise" light had gone out without me touching it. it did this three times so its not just a random thing.

so what could be causing this? my guess is a bad sensor on one of the wheels. i'm going to take it to the dealer monday, but if there is some quick fix or something i can do to fix it myself, i wouldn't mind knowing.

my one concern is, i've got an off road trip tomorrow that i am suppose to be leading. i should be fine for this right? i don't think i'm going to be needing ABS while on the trail...

Quick Reply: abs light randomly flashing with friends