Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ABS Nightmare solved

Old 03-08-2023, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ABS Nightmare solved

UPDATE!!!! For those who remember my on going headache, But most of all maybe someone can use this and not go through the pain and $$$ I did.

After a very long battle with the drivers side ABS sensor issues seems to be resolved. it all started with a sensor fault. No problem, replaced the sensor. Problem came back about a week later. "must have a defective sensor" replaced again. Came back again.... so I ohmed out the circuit at the harness located at the ABS module. I was getting some odd readings but assumed it was my leads. Put everything back together. No issues for about a week again. then it started throwing other codes. Every time i played with the harness at the ABS module the problem seemed to go away. I landed up replacing the ABS module. Problem came back. Jumped from the ABS sensor to the ABS module harness. Problem came back. Replaced the Hub because it has the tone ring in it. Problem came back!!! got pissed off and wired the left front ABS sensor as the right front ABS sensor and vise versa at the ABS module harness. Problem stayed as the drivers side left front!!! Oh and yes it was interesting how the traction control knows when turning that the inside radius wheels vs outer and rear are traveling at odd rates! Didn't care because it was just to see if the problem jumped and it didnt so I knew my issue was my connector.
I was able to finally get a ABS harness connector for about $30 bucks. I prepped the harness by tinning the wires and adding heat shrink tube for later. Taking my time and going wire for wire verifying color and harness position I was able to accomplish the task in two hours. 23 wires in the south Fla sun.
I would definitly say the new connector fits a LOT snugger onto the ABS module!!! All Codes are gone and hopefully for good this time!!!

slowly soldered the 23 wires from the old to the new

test drove with it some what loose to be sure!!!

All taped up! if you guys never used the "cloth" tape you are Definity missing out!! Buy on Amazon. Exact factory wanna be!!
Old 03-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 364 Likes on 340 Posts

Mike, Thanks for the sweat success update, good info for future.
The following users liked this post:
MikeInMiami (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,833 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Thank you for the update. Will definitely need to remember this one for future reference. Appreciate you taking the time to write that up and snap some pictures. "Giving Back" in that manner is what keeps these communities going, and surely that will help someone in the future. Heck, the other day I got PM'd by someone on a BMW repair I made 13 years ago!
Old 03-09-2023, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats awesome! 13 years is a long long time. It pays off to pay forward!!!

Quick Reply: ABS Nightmare solved