Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Activating UConnect from dealer, and having a BullyDog JK tuner installed.....

Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Activating UConnect from dealer, and having a BullyDog JK tuner installed.....

Hi all, my stereo was UConnect compatible, but did not have the Uconnect module .

I purchased the Uconnect module, wiring harness, remote microphone, etc and installed everything,.

Now, as I understand it, I need to take it to the dealer so they can activate the UConnect module, which is apparently done via the OBD port.

Currently, I'm running a Bullydog JK Tuner, which is plugged into the OBD port, and have one of the Bullydog tunes downloaded to the Jeep.

Is there anything special I need to do in advance for the dealer to activate the Uconnect, such as restore the tune to stock, etc, or do they just need the port to activate the uconnect with no effect on the downloaded tune?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

TX
Old 03-03-2015, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally re-tune my Jeep to stock when i take it in to the dealer, i am using a Superchips tuner running an 87 tune, but from what i have read if the dealer updates your computer the next time you connect you tuner it may not operate because it doesn't know about the software level it is at.

Quick Reply: Activating UConnect from dealer, and having a BullyDog JK tuner installed.....