Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Added Fus/Relay Panel-Lots of Pics

Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice random pictures!

On the Busman Fuse block.... did you fabricate a bracket to mount it there or did it come with something you just drilled to mount?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sburggsx
Nice random pictures!

On the Busman Fuse block.... did you fabricate a bracket to mount it there or did it come with something you just drilled to mount?
In the pictures you can see the mounts. When you order the fuse block you can get them. They come with two holes to mount the block and one large hole on the very bottom to mount the whole assembly.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Vernnz,

If I wanted to do something like this (installing the Busman) for future expandablitiy (like when i can finally afford the off road lights and winch, etc) at the same time I'm installing my CB radio, and wired the power to the Busman instead of directly (with a fuse) to the battery, would there be any extra interference or noise created? This would be, say, versus connecting power directly to the battery, which many folks have recommended to me.

I'm just thinking ahead, so I don't have to clean up the wire mess later.

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No extra interference. A CB transmits 4W. I am going to connect a HAM radio rated at 100W to a Bussmann fuse/relay block. Eventually. Mounting the Bussmann right next to the battery will be the same as wiring direct to the battery.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vernnz
First picture...How did you take that off? I have taken the 4 bolts out and removed the windshield wipers but it doesn't move and I can't find what is holding it.
Remove the windshield wipers and 4 torx screws thenremove the 4 plastic "rivets" (for lack of a better word) in the center around the vent
Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sburggsx
Nice random pictures!

It came with the bracket but I used some steel tubing cut to length (from lowes) to raise it up even higher. Then I just used some looong lag screws to go threw the bracket, steel tube and plastic underneath...
Old 08-14-2010, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bikerbill
Very nice presentation. How about a picture of the inside where you have the switches mounted.
Here are my switches for the front/rear lights

The switch for the compressor is in the back on the sub. I put it so that it was between the sub and tailgate when the gate is closed so cargo could not shift and accidently turn it on...
Old 08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

On position #4, which you said was ignition switched, where is the hot wire for that relay (or fuse, whatever it is. Can't tell from pics) wired? Is it wired to the ignition harness wire? Is that the only posiiton which is set up for that from the manufacturer, or can you hard wire or ignition wire the relays as you wish when you install it?

Nice job!!

Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by vedo13
On position #4, which you said was ignition switched, where is the hot wire for that relay (or fuse, whatever it is. Can't tell from pics) wired? Is it wired to the ignition harness wire? Is that the only posiiton which is set up for that from the manufacturer, or can you hard wire or ignition wire the relays as you wish when you install it?

Nice job!!

Thanks
Position 4 is triggered by the cig lighter inside (which is ignition switched). Once that is switched on, it powers a five position fuse block that is located behind the glove box. I use that panel for hardwired garmin GPS, CB radio and interior motion sensors which are connected to the stock alarm
Old 08-21-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

where did you get that fuse/relay block, i can't find it anywhere

Quick Reply: Added Fus/Relay Panel-Lots of Pics