Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding a dimmer switch

Old 10-31-2018, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a dimmer switch

Hi all,
I own a 2018 JK 2 door, base model so that means no power group for windows etc. I find that the dash gauge lights are too bright for my liking and was wondering if I could add a dimmer switch after the fact. Its either that or I buy some privacy film and put that over the plastic lens instead.

thoughts and thanks
Old 10-31-2018, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Pretty sure that even on the bare bones there was a dimmer on the left multi-function stalk to dim the dash lights.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for your reply. I did a little reading in the owners manual- something my husband should have done when he bought the Jeep and found that there is a dimmer on the indicator lever. I was looking for a dial on the console like my previous import had. Now my husband can put his tools away and stop looking at the dash board like he’s about to perform some sort of surgery lol.

Quick Reply: Adding a dimmer switch